Trying to Trust

~~~

Ghirahim sat on top of a rock holding something in his hands. That something was a baby, a baby rapped in a (f/c) blanket. The silvery man started to tickle the child. The child started to laugh while it opened its eyes. Ghirahim looked into the female's (e/c) eyes. Then the child reached its hands up. 

A light breeze blew by. The child started to shiver. "You're cold, aren't you? Can't be having that." Ghirahim brought the child to his chest. 

The child's hair then became a fiery shade of red and orange. 

"Take after your father I see. Go back to sleep."

~~~

You lye in the bottom of the lake of Majora's Gore. Dreaming... Dreaming of the past. Everything is silent, the only thing that can be heard is slight movements in the water. Then your eyes shot open and you swam to the top of the lake. Once you were on solid ground you threw up. Suddenly, you felt this uncontrollable feeling of coldness. Like a swift ice storm struck you. You started to rub your arms as you tried to warm up. 

You thought:

Maybe it's warmer in there.

You reach your hand under the lake infested with blood. You were right; it was warmer. It was warmer than you thought. You felt this feeling of warmth and safety. Like nothing could happen. You were about to jump back in, but you felt something grasp your wrist. Before you knew it; you were pulled into the lake of purple lava. 

You opened your eyes and saw Ghirahim, sadly.

"Shh... Go back to sleep. It's the middle of the night. Is there a reason you woke up?"

"I'm sorry I couldn't hold back the urge to barf. Is there a reason you had to drag me down here? I could of just done it myself."

"You woke me and I knew something was up. So I decided to get up. I thought you might need some company. We were once friends. I hope we still are. Do you still trust me?"

"You do know... We only met a few days ago. In the span of those days, I've learned things I would of thought impossible; I'm the daughter of a demon king, I was born back in the days of Hylia's reign, my mother was killed by Hylia, I'm supposed to leave my old life behind, and I'm supposed to trust you." 

"I'm not asking you to fully trust me. But can you try?"

"I guess... I can try to meet you half way."

"One last thing... While being in Majora's Gore you may get flashbacks or visions of your past in the forms of dreams. Goodnight."

"You're really starting to sound like my babysitter."

"I'M NOT A BABYSITTER!! I CAN WORRY ABOUT YOU SOMETIMES!!" 

You stared at him for a little bit trying to register his little outburst.

"Sorry for that little outburst... Just don't bring up that subject again."

He disappeared and you felt yourself yawn. You could feel your consciousness fade away. You whispered, "Depends on how much you annoy me."

~~~

Demise was holding his daughter while sitting on his throne.

"Someday you will rule these demons."

You put your hands in the air trying to reach his fiery hair. As you did, some dull (f/c) sparks erupted from your soft hands. You laughed as they flew through the air. Demise let out a chuckle as he watched his daughter.

"That's my girl." He softly kissed your forehead. "I'll always be here. And even when I'm not, Ghirahim will."

~~~

You muttered in your sleep, "Maybe, just maybe... I could trust him and maybe I could put my old life behind me. Goodbye Link... Perhaps in another life I could be the girl you love."