Friends

Robin was smiling like an idiot, Phantom was talking to him and he had learned Phantom's name. Robin looked at Phantom curiously, "So why did you decide to talk to me?"

Phantom hummed as he thought for a second, "When you apologized it sounded like you meant it but I didn't know why you were apologizing. Not only that but the others expected me to talk after they introduced themselves, you weren't trying to make me talk."

Robin nodded, "Can I ask you more questions, you don't have to answer them if you don't want to."

Phantom shrugged, "I don't really have a problem with that."

Robin took a breath before spoke again, "Why won't you let anyone near you?"

"I don't know nor like anyone here, would you be okay with letting people that are holding you against your will near you?"

Robin looked at his hands, "Not really, I can see why you wouldn't want to talk to them either." Robin looked at Phantom again, "So why won't you eat or drink anything?"

"Like I said, I don't trust anyone and I'm not going to just believe that they didn't do something to it."

Robin thought for a second, "If I gave you, say, a bottle of water would you drink it?"

Phantom paused before he considered the question, "It would be easy to tell if it had been messed with. If I saw that it was safe then sure, those damn Leaguers have been giving me glasses of water and I'm not going to trust that."

Robin smiled a little before his smile fell, "Do you know why the government's looking for you?"

Phantom nodded, "It's one part of the government in particular, they're called the GIW and they hate me. If you want to find out why I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard, now I want to ask you a question."

"What is it?"

"Why haven't the Leaguers given me to the GIW yet?"

Robin was a bit surprised but he answered anyway, "They don't want to hand you over until they know why they're looking for you. I won't make you talk about anything you don't want to since we've already put you through enough but if you want to talk about something I'll listen."

Phantom's eyes widened a little before he laughed, "Your so weird, it's a good kind of weird though." Robin smiled before Phantom spoke again, "Your friends are probably wondering when you'll leave, you might want to go."

Robin reluctantly stood up, he was about to open the door but he turned to Phantom, "I'll come talk to you again soon." Robin left and Phantom smiled before he shook his head, he didn't know why Robin was being nice but he decided to give the young hero a chance.

Robin walked out of the cell and the others looked like they were bursting with questions when he closed the door. Batman spoke first, "Did he talk to you?"

"Yeah."

Batman was shocked but he didn't let it phase him, "What did he say?"

"I can't tell you."

Kid Flash looked like someone had just slapped him, "Why not?!"

Robin smiled, "Because I promised him that I wouldn't tell you."

The heroes looked at him like he was crazy before Aqualad spoke, "Why?"

Robin actually got slightly irritated, "Because I can understand why he didn't want to talk to anyone. The most I'll tell you is to give him bottled water, other then that I'm not telling you anything."

Robin walked toward the zeta tubes before anyone could stop him and he went to the Batcave instead of the mountain. He went straight to his room and got to work on finding out who the GIW are and why they were looking for Phantom. Meanwhile, the rest of the heroes were stunned but Batman decided to take Robin's advice.

Batman took the team back to the mountain before he found a bottle of water and went to Phantom's cell. Phantom glared at him as he set the bottle of water on the ground far enough away so Phantom wouldn't start growling but close enough so he could get it. Batman left the cell and Phantom stared at the bottle of water before he grabbed it and checked it.

When he decided that nothing had been done to the bottle he opened it and the crackling from the lid told him that it hadn't been opened before. Phantom drank the whole bottle in one breath and he crushed it before he put the cap back on and threw it to the other side of the room. When Batman came back ten minutes later he was surprised to see that he drank the water.

Phantom still glared at him but he was just glad that Phantom had actually drank the water, if only they could get him to eat. After Batman threw the crushed water bottle away he went to the Batcave and wondered what to do next. He was hoping that Robin had found out something and was working on figuring out what was going on.

The team was confused as to why the white haired teen had spoken to Robin but at least he was talking to someone. They just wished they knew what the two had said to each other, they had no idea what was going on. Robin didn't show up at the mountain for the rest of the day but they were sure it had something to do with the teen.

The next day Robin had gotten Batman to let him see Phantom again, he brought packaged food, water bottles, a book, and a rubix cube. He was sure that sitting in a cell without anything to do got boring as hell so he wanted to give Phantom something to do. He wasn't sure if Phantom liked reading but he was trying, either way he'd learn something about Phantom.

Batman tried to talk him into letting someone go in with him but Robin flat out refused, Phantom wouldn't talk if someone else was there. Once he walked into the cell he sat where he did before and the look in Phantom's eyes was different. It seemed kind, it was warm unlike when Robin first walked into the cell last time, maybe he and Phantom really could be friends.

Robin smiled a little and Phantom actually smiled a little as well, Robin thought that he had a nice smile. Once Robin sat down he opened the small backpack he used to bring everything and he tossed a candy bar at Phantom. Phantom caught it and raised an eyebrow as Robin smiled more, "Since it's in a wrapper you can tell if someone messed with it or not."

Phantom hummed, "I'm guessing you thought of that so I'd eat something."

Robin laughed just a little, "That obvious huh?" Phantom rolled his eyes but he smiled just a little and Robin smirked, "Just eat, if you want to check it then go ahead but I swear it's safe."

Phantom looked at the candy bar for a second before he opened it and took a bite. Phantom leaned against the wall behind him, "I guess if I die then I'll die trusting you."

Robin was shocked but he was glad that Phantom trusted him, Robin tossed Phantom the rubix cube and the book. "I wasn't sure if you'd like them but I figured you were probably bored in here since there's nothing to do."

Phantom looked at the book and the rubix cube before he started twisting the sides of the rubix cube and solved it in less then ten seconds. Phantom smirked, "Does it look like I don't like the rubix cube?"

Robin blinked a few times before he got over his shock, "I have never seen someone solve a rubix cube so fast."

Phantom smiled again before he picked up the book, "I've never read this book before but I've heard it's good, guess I'll get to find out now."

Robin smiled before he gave Phantom everything else in the backpack, at least Phantom would be more comfortable now. Robin felt more determined then ever to get Phantom out though, he was just a little scared of what he might find out about Phantom along the way.