cash

The girl I met when I was 10 was a mess

Her hair was choppy, and the dark circles around her eyes were deep and bold. She wore ripped up converse with two different colored strings, and a shirt that was two-sizes too big. She wasn't sweet, she wasn't nice, she didn't even tell me her name.
Instead, she threw a rock at my head and gave me the dirtiest scowl.
But, despite it all, I liked her.

The girl I grew up with loved me when we were 17.
She was a progressive mess with dirty words, and fists filled with rage. She was in an abusive relationship with herself, finding any reason to get into a fight. She surfed couches like they were going out of style, and she sold pills better than all the dealers on our block.
Despite the mess, she was beautiful and I liked her none the less.

The girl who loved me ripped herself apart when we were 19.
She switched fists for pills, and fought her anger through white lines. She was a destructive mess, one with bloodshot eyes and shaking hands. Her words were filled with lies and her actions were drawn from fear. She let the darkness swallow her whole and I watched it happen.
And through it all, I loved her heart. Mess, and beauty, and all.

The girl I first met when I was 10 came back to me with clean hands.
Rehabilitated, yet still yearning for trouble, she traded her drugs for strength. She was no longer a mess on the outside, but her mind was still laced with something dark. Color found it's way back to her soft face, and her eyes started to glow again with light. I watched as she fought to love herself.
And then I fell in love with her like it was habit.

The girl I love was sick. Wanting love, yet refusing to love herself in her ugliest stage, she gave me her heart with nothing else to spare. I watched as she tried and tried to love me, except it only fed into her destruction.

I watched as she loved anger, loved drugs, and then loved me. But I turned her away.

Because I couldn't love myself.

But I'll keep trying. For her, I'll keep trying, so in the end, I can give her what we both need.

Her and I.

----

I'm aware this poetic shit doesn't sound like Lip lol but I thought I'd try something new! Laced is still going to be a lot about Cash and where she's at in life but I really want to focus on Lip and his character arc as well.

I'm going to try and make Laced different from Cashed, but I promise to put my all into it. :)

Thank you all for sticking around!

xo