14. All too much

Hello everyone, nice to be back on wattpad again :p I finished my exams and I'll get the results back on June 12. I think I made it, but you know, you never know.

I hope you like this chapter, not too sure if it's a good one, but I think it'll fit better when you read the rest of the story :p

So enjoy and let me know what you think!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was way too silent in the hotelroom, the lads all out and about somewhere. I probably would have been with one of the them if it wasn't for the fact that I had been trying to steer clear from alone situations with them. For the last few days it had worked pretty well, ever since the incident, the lads hadn't had a chance to get me into a private conversation.

Staying away from Harry appeared not to be that difficult, as he was avoiding me just as hard. I had shared a room with Zayn for the last few days, because most of the time he didn't ask and when he did try, he didn't push after I told him I didn't want to talk about it. Liam and Louis were a lot more difficult to deal with, with Liam getting mad and Louis being concerned. I usually played them of by getting angry though.

I could proudly say I had succeeded quite well in avoiding all of them, sparing not only myself but them from an awkward conversation. Today was again a good day of evading, as I had only seen the boys at breakfast with all the other crew around. It sucked that we had the concerts in the evening, because that way I had to come out and talk to them.

For now though, I was just sat in front of the TV, watching the play off final between Derby and Queens Park Rangers. The only problem with being alone is that I'd start thinking and the biggest dilemma in my head right now was, of course, the incident. So to keep my mind of that, I focused on the match, expressing my frustration in a grumbled voice.

Sometimes my mind did wander of, resulting in a low throbbing ache deep in my temples at the end of the match. Grabbing my shoes and jacket, I prepared to go to the gig. It was still early, but hanging around in the silence of the room wouldn't be the most useful thing to do and showing up a bit early would hopefully clear my reputation of running late.

Within a few minutes I was pulling into the closed-of parking lot and made my way inside the back of the building. Even though we still had a few hours, people were already busy running around. With two fingers on my temple, rubbing the softer spot, I slowly strolled through the halls, not really going anywhere, but in the end I walked into the dressing rooms.

'Niall! You're early honey!' Caroline exclaims excitedly as soon as I walk in. I shot her a quick smile and let myself fall on one of the couches.

'Yea, I figured there wasn't much else to do, so I could better be a bit early, hang around with the cool people here.' I chuckled, getting louder when she smacked me with a magazine.

' Yeah right, you want something?' She said, walking to the table filled with snacks and a minifridge beneath it.

'I could use some water and any edible thing, please. My head's bursting.' I smiled at her, watching as she grabbed a bottle of water and an energy bar from the table.

' You better be looking after yourself, I can't mother all of you, you know?' She walked towards me, throwing the bottle and bar in my lap, before sitting herself.

'I will mom, just feeling a bit off today. I'm sure it'll be over before the concert.' I reassured her, drinking little sips from the bottle every few seconds.

I never got to actually eating, because the door swung open and Liam's voice filled the room. 'Niall! There you are! You weren't answering your phone and you weren't at the hotel.'