The Second Insult

The next day, I visited him in the afternoon. I was surprised to see he was still tugging at the bars and kicking the locked door. As soon as he caught sight of me, he growled like a wild animal.

"YOU AGAIN!!! WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE, YOU'RE GOING TO BE THE FIRST PERSON I MURDER!!!"

"Don't get so worked up," I said with a sigh. "You're still injured, you should rest."

I studied the insane look on his face.

"You know," I said, stroking my chin. "That mask really suits you."

He frowned and looked at me, waiting for what I was going to say next.

"It's true," I said. "The less of your face I have to look at, the better!"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!"

I laughed at the man as he started gritting his teeth.

"DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS INSULT MAKES ME FEEL THE SLIGHTEST BIT OFFENDED??" he said, offended by my insult.

"I do," I said. "And you're still asking too many questions, Spandumb. You might as well calm down, since there's no way you're getting out of here anytime soon."

Spandam looked furious.

"By the way," I continued, "are you eating and sleeping well? You look incredibly pale. And those dark circles under your eyes..."

"THAT'S MY NORMAL FACE, DAMNIT!"

"Whoops, my mistake."

I told him goodbye and left him. The screaming was even louder than yesterday.

"DON'T YOU DARE WALK AWAY FROM ME AGAIN!! COME BACK HERE...!"

My plan seemed to be working just fine.