Chapter 1

Many people say that the person on-stage is a fountain of secrets, and is never what they seem while behind the scenes. Even the best of comedians are hiding the darkest secrets.
King Dice knew the facade all too well when he stepped out in front of the busy casino, a sea of violent drunks ahead of him.
The microphone stand in his face gave off a rich stench of alcohol and King Dice almost felt calmed by it, his already intoxicated mind throbbing at the thought of getting his performance over and done with so he could have another drink.
Being the manager to him meant keeping the consumers of his casino well entertained, and despite everything going on in his head, he was willing to make-do with what he had.
With a tap of the microphone, he began;
"So how many of you guys and girls out there are having relationship problems?"
Somewhere in the crowd, a few drunk skeletons hunched around a poker table lifted their drinks up at that and gave a hearty cheer.
"Oh don't give me that, we all know you guys have dry bones!"
The crowd had an uproar of laughter and King Dice was happy with the response.
"I'm feeling the love tonight! Most of which from the alcohol, of course! Unrequited love? Nothing a bit of vodka can't fix! Of course I'll be waking up with a headache in the morning...It's almost like a real marriage!"
King Dice gave off a lazy shrug as the entire audience let out a fit of giggles as all of them could relate in some way, unbeknownst to them that King Dice wasn't joking.
As the night went on, and more and more people stumbled out of the casino doors, most of which defeated and penniless, King Dice's comedy segment came to a close.
He clumsily left the stage with an exhausted 'goodnight' and that was that.
When he reached the bar, there was nobody there, so he just decided to help himself to whatever was leftover. He practically climbed over the bar and took out a bottle of vodka from underneath it.
King Dice barely opened his mouth when half of the vodka was already in his system, making his head spin like crazy.
The casino around him swirled and he could barely think when heavy footsteps and a familiar face peered over the top of the bar.
"What on earth are you doing down there?" The Devil spoke with mild irritation.
King Dice squinted up at his boss being only a blob of fur in his fucked up vision.
"Oohhhh haha I'm just...taking a break, you know?" King Dice slurred out. He tried to sound as sober as he could but he failed miserably.
"This is the third night in a row I've found you down here. Are you feeling okay? I don't want a repeat of what happened the other day--" The Devil raised a brow in curiosity and the king below him responded with a pathetic smile before he could finish;
"I'm fiiine don't worry about me Deviiiiii--"
"I told you not to call me that at work. Get up,"
The Devil sighed while reaching over the bar and pulling King Dice up and into his arms.
"We're closing up soon," Devi informed him "So I'll get you to your room and I'll kick the rest of the alcoholics out before a fight starts,"
King Dice just giggled and nuzzled his face deep into the fur of Devi's chest.
"Golly, do you get clingy when you're drunk,"
Devi rolled his eyes and was brought with a small flashback, one he would rather burn his eyes out than think about while King Dice was currently smothering himself in his chest...

Three days ago:
--
King Dice's comedy segment was a wrap as usual. He skipped off of the stage happily and practically threw himself towards his co-workers.
"Wow Dice, you're really funny! They loved you out there!" Martini Glass swooned with admiration in her eyes.
"Thanks, Martini! I knew doing entertainment would spice this place up a bit! I can't wait to see what everybody else is going to do with this new opportunity. It'll get more customers that's for sure!"
"Dang, all you think about is money-money-money," 8-ball mocked King Dice slightly. He wasn't all wrong, though, and Dice knew it.
"Well it isn't just about me..." King Dice trailed off and looked off into the distance dreemily and everyone groaned.
"We get it already, you have the hots for the big cheese," the dominoes joked, elbowing King Dice with a smirk from both of them.
"What? Uhh..Well...I guess a little bit...But I want to make him proud you know? This is his casino, afterall,"
Everyone nodded in silent agreement.
"Anyway, who wants drinks!" 8-ball yelled, and the staff lightened up with excitement.

By the end of the night, the entire staff was drunk and things were getting a little personal.
"So...When do you think you're gonna tell him?" Martini Glass nosied in with the big question and King Dice slammed his pint glass down in shock.
"NO!! no no no no noooo, Martini I can't do that?!" King Dice, flustered, turned a bright purple at the thought of even hinting anything towards his boss.
"Come ooon, Dice, he's gonna find out somehow,"
King Dice paused and a grin appeared on his face.
"You know what...Today is the day! I'm gonna do it!"
He stood up suddenly and his co-workers cheered and clapped as he finished off his pint and practically ran towards The Devil's office.

Inside the office, The Devil was lazily counting stacks of money with an aura of such boredom anyone would think he had been in that room with nothing to do for centuries. Not like that wasn't possible.
He was shocked when a gentle knock came from his door.
"Come in," he grunted, closing a draw on his desk and greeting the face of the casino manager, King Dice.
"Hello, sir," he stuttered, his confidence completely drained of him after realising how real the whole situation was.
"What do you want? I have work to do,"
King Dice fiddled with his tie nervously and got closer to his boss with light steps.
"Well I uh...have something to tell you..."
Devi leaned back in his chair and gestured towards the chair opposite him.
King Dice sat down and instantly began sweating.
"Make it quick,"
"I...I want..."
His head was spinning too much. The alcohol had really gotten to his head and his stomach felt like it was overflowing, and before he knew it, he was hunched over and vomiting all over the floor of his crush's office.

When King Dice came to, The Devil was stood over him, rubbing his back.
He was still sat on the chair in the office, his shoes were covered in vomit and his head felt like it was being stabbed from the inside.
"How are you feeling?" Devi said sweetly.
"Drunk..." King Dice slurred.
"Can you stand?" Devi asked. His voice had changed completely from when Dice had first entered the room and it made Dice feel so safe. This is the side of Devi he had fallen in love with.
Devi helped him stand up, and Dice wobbled under his own weight. He fell into Devi's chest in an intoxicated mess. Dice looked up at his boss and everything felt so right and perfect in that moment as Devi held him in his arms. At least from a drunk person's point of view.
Dice stood up on his tiptoes and went in to smooch his boss on the lips only to be met with rejection when Devi pulled away in disgust, avoiding everything about the situation. Mainly King Dice's vomit smothered face. There was nothing romantic about this whatsoever.
His serious tone returned, and he stood up straight with his hands tightly placed on King Dice's shoulders.
"Wash your face and get to bed. I have work to do,"

King Dice stumbled out of the office and flopped onto his bed, overcome with shame and sadness and as he sobered up, he began wondering how he would ever be able to show his face in front of his boss ever again. He really fucked that up.
--

The Devil carried Dice to his room for the third time that week, and he gently placed the man onto his duvet.
King Dice latched onto him desperately in an attempt to make him stay, and Devi looked at him with disappointment.
"Is this going to become a routine?" he asked.
"Do you still like me?" King Dice whined pathetically. He was practically half asleep at this point and Devi wondered if the poor man was even going to remember this in the morning.
"I don't want to talk about this right now. You should get some sleep,"
"Boss-"
"I don't want to talk about this. Goodnight,"
Then with that, the curtains drop, and The Devil leaves the room. Leaving a heavy feeling of tension behind in the room with him.