Chapter 2

A hangover greeted King Dice the next night with a venomous pain not unlike that of a viper.
"Oh, hell..." Dice groaned, rolling to his side only to tumble off of the side of the bed in a pile of blankets and limbs.
"FUCK"
Devi slammed the door open and rushed into the room.
"What the hell is going on in here?!" he yelled.
King Dice emerged from his pile of covers and looked up at his boss in minute embarrassment.
"N-nothing, i'm fine...Just a bit hungover, that's all,"
"Get up," Devi shook his head and sighed, holding out a paw for King Dice to take.
King Dice grabbed his hand sheepishly and Devi hoisted him up onto the ground.
No eye contact was made before Devi turned and left the room.
"Get ready, we're opening soon,"
What time was it?
King Dice turned to his clock to see it was almost six. He had slept way past his alarm.
He just had enough time to stumble into the bathroom and preen up his moustache and put on some expensive cologne. The strong scent of the spray almost made him sick.
When he rushed into the casino lounge, the staff and Devi were stood together by the doorway, waiting to open up for the stampede of gamblers to open up their pockets for them.
"Sorry about that," King Dice mumbled in embarrassment as he clicked the lock and opened the doorway to the casino, a fairly large group of demons waltzing in with sly grins on their faces.
One demon in particular, with horns that mimicked the antlers of a deer and a toothy grin that took up almost half of his face, made fairly intense eye contact with King Dice on his way in, and his stomach did backflips with unease.
"Did you see the way that guy looked at me?" Dice whispered to Devi with an accusatory tone.
"Probably just some junkie off his head, pay no mind," Devi said in an attempt the comfort the other man.
"I'm going to retreat to my office now. Lay off the vodka, its for our customers," and with a halfhearted wave, he was gone.
King Dice felt utterly defeated when he walked over to the rest of the staff.
"How are things between you two?" 8ball asked cheekily.
King Dice let out an over-exaggerated groan.
"God, things are so awkward! And it's not even just for the both of us! He's perfectly fine!"
8ball sighed a little, but finished it with a chuckle;
"Honestly, you're really hung up on this aren't you?"
"YES" King Dice said a-matter-of-factly, as if 8ball should've already known the answer to his question.
King Dice pinched his nose and groaned "look, I'm sorry for yelling. I've got a hangover the size of my own ego right now,"
"Dice, if anyone had a hangover that big they wouldn't be alive!" the stack of chips chimed in as it hopped past the group to get to the bar.
"Exactly!" King Dice smirked.

Through the crushing sense of embarrassment and the weight of a major hangover looming on his shoulders, King Dice still did his comedy show that night. Not before downing what seemed like an entire pool of water, first.
Refreshed, King Dice stepped out onto the stage, completely unfazed by the blinding spotlights in front of him. He was unstoppable.
"Ladies, Lovers, Gentlemen-"
The busy and bustling casino erupted at their acknowledgement.
Somewhere in the back of the crowd, just out of reach of the spotlights, two well dressed men spread apart to reveal the man who had stared at King Dice earlier.
They made eye contact yet again, and King Dice felt weird.
He tore his eyes away from the person's bright, luminous red ones and tried his best to pay the other audience members some attention.
"Love is a weird thing. Sometimes I make eye contact with my crush and I think 'Oh shit he saw me, better run'. Only then do i realise he's the one running because i've been staring at him viciously for the past hour..."

...

The comedy show came to a close yet again, signifying that the night was almost over. Satisfied, King Dice stepped off of the stage and back into the darkness of the casino where he was replaced with Roulette's singing act.
In the darkness, someone saw him, and when King Dice turned around and bumped into someone's chest he was only half surprised.
"Oh, I'm so sorry sir-"
"No need to apologise," familiar red eyes greeted him with a wink and King Dice opened his mouth, hesitant to speak for a second.
Instead of staying to chat, he turned to leave instead, seeing no point in continuing the conversation any further. However, the person grabbed his arm very quickly before he could leave.
"Hey now, don't be like that! Stay and chat, let me buy you a couple of drinks?" the person said, and King Dice clicked his tongue, frustrated.
"You mean you want to take the manager out on a date so you can get free drinks? I don't think so. Hit the road, jackass,"
King Dice angrily pulled away from the person, and his arm felt ice cold where he had been grabbed.
Something felt really off about that guy, and Dice wasn't prepared to stop and ask what his story was.
When he made his way to the bar, the place he could almost call home at this point, he was cut off by The Rabbit in The Hat before he could even blink.
"Hey, bucko. The boss told us what he told you. Lay off the liquor,"
King Dice groaned irritably and hung his head backwards.
"Come on, friend! I'm in emotional pain right now,"
"That's when the drink becomes a problem. I ain't even allowed off of my shift at any point tonight in case you go cuckoo and ingest everything we have,"
King Dice wondered if it might've been worth using that person for a couple of drinks afterall.
Dice searched the casino closely until he found the mysterious person around a table with the two neatly dressed men he had seen earlier.
King Dice did hesitate. Something about their presence seemed like they shouldn't be trusted, but what would a couple of drinks do?
He wrapped his arm around the person and pulled him up from his place on the table.
"I'll just be borrowing your friend here for a second," Dice chuckled and gently dragged the person towards the bar.
"Oh, so you changed your mind?" he said with mockery laced around every word.
"You could say that! I figured a chat wouldn't hurt either,"
Dice almost gagged on the lie, but this definitely wouldn't be the first time he lied to get a drink or two out of somebody. He was the vampire of liquor. The robber of trust.
"Two vodka and cokes, please" the stranger asked.
The rabbit turned around and squinted when he saw Dice sitting next to the stranger with a mischievous look on his face.
"Only one. I can't serve Dice, bosses orders!"
The stranger then clicked his fingers, and two notes magically appeared on the table which he slid across to the rabbit with ease.
"I'm paying,"
King Dice blinked a few times, then allowed an amused smirk to follow the silence.
"You're interesting..." he chortled, and the stranger nodded with the biggest grin on his face.
"As are you,"