II. She Talks To Rainbows.

'Talks to the rainbows and to the seas

She talks to the trees
.
She don't talk to me.

Don't talk to me.You know she drives me outta my mind,
You know she drives me outta my head.'

3rd Person P.O.V.

Molly woke up the next morning, and she could already tell that things were tense in the house. Her mother must be having an episode, and Molly knows that she has to go to work today.

The older woman was sitting in her preferred chair in the kitchen, rolling cigarette after cigarette. Her eyes never left the small, rabbit-eared television set that was on the counter top in front of her. It was set to the local morning news station, and the story that was being broadcast was about some robbery that happened in the next few towns over.

'I told you, Mols, we should have never come here! Too much violence!' her mother was now shouting, and Molly knew she had to try to diffuse the situation. Her mother could sometimes get violent, and she would sometimes really hurt the young twenty-something year old.

'Mom, everything is going to be okay. We've got Dr. Soames to help us out now,' Molly said gently, as her mother looked at Molly in confusion.

'No, Mols. We are not going to be okay! You never understand, and you always push me to do things I don't want to do!'

The shouting was an on going problem for Angela, Molly's mother. She had a few mental illnesses that were never properly diagnosed, except for her borderline personality disorder. Growing up while taking care of her mother was difficult for Molly.

'Mom, listen to me,' Molly sighed as she cooked breakfast for the two of them, 'I promise you, no one will hurt us this time. I'm not leaving, and I'm not forcing you to do anything you don't want to do.' Suddenly, Angela's mood flipped around. She seemed very happy, and could smell the bacon frying.

'Oh, honey! You need to get to work soon, let me do the cooking.' Angela said, walking over to her daughter.

Molly was relieved, and she knew that things might actually get better if her mother continued to take her medication and kept going to therapy. Dr. Soames was the first doctor that actually seemed to want to help the both of them out.

As Molly devoured her breakfast, she quickly got ready for her first day at Value Stop. It intrigued her to know that she would be working with...

...what was his name?

Molly was puzzled for a moment, as she scrubbed the shampoo out of her hair. Was his name Andrew? No, that didn't seem right...

She continued her routine, albeit a little quicker and sloppier this morning. There was no way she wanted to be late on her very first day. That would look terrible on her, and she could only imagine her boss would never be able to think of her as reliable.

Her mother offered her a drive to work, but Molly declined as she didn't want her mother to meet the guy in question. Not remembering his name at all, Molly decided to play it coy and just read his name tag when she would see him.

The walk to work was about seven minutes, and it was just enough time to listen to two of her most favorite songs. Mystic Lady by T-Rex and She Talks To Rainbows by The Ramones. Molly had inherited a few things from her estranged father, who ended up giving Angela a box of his things for Molly to have. He never hated her, but Molly would never know that...

...in the box, was a vinyl collection of sorts, a few movies and a few other pieces of memorabilia. She had developed an interesting taste for music, and the young woman knew she was different than some of the girls her age. They were mostly all in college now, and Molly barely graduated high school. But, all in all, it was about the experience, and how those two songs kept her from doing some unspeakable things.

Molly got to work in record time, and she knew it was only for a short orientation session. Other than that, her boss had told her that she would be the new evening cashier. Molly enjoyed that shift better, considering taking care of her mother was more difficult when they woke up. Angela's symptoms always seemed to be the worst in the morning.

Mr. Roper brought her into his office, and she spent a few hours filling out corporate paperwork. This was always the most mundane part of working at jobs, and Molly despised it. She wished she could just blow through it quickly, and then jump to her training tonight.

Once she finished up in the tiny office, the young woman made her way out to Mr. Roper. He offered her a ride home, which she reluctantly accepted. He told her that she would be starting at 5 pm that evening for her first training shift with Pablo.

That was the Hispanic man she had met the day before, and she would also be working with Ash and Julia. Ash was in housewares, and Pablo worked electronics and the cash as well. Julia was in the photography lab or cosmetics. She was a mid-thirties blonde lady who really loved make-up and photography, according to Mr. Roper.

When the short drive back to Molly's house ended, the young woman turned to thank her new manager. He was expecting a kiss, or something alike, so he was upset when it didn't happen.

'Thank you so much, Mr. Roper. I won't let you down!' Molly couldn't believe she was so good at ass-kissing sometimes...she rather be good at ass-kicking.

'Don't be late!' he growled, and almost pushed her out of the vehicle.

Molly was left confused as to what could have happened in the three seconds it took her to thank him.

That evening, Molly and Angela had a family therapy session with Dr. Soames, which was just basically the three of the them having supper together. Molly had prepared the rosemary chicken with fluffed mashed potatoes, and Angela had supplied the wine and chocolate cheese cake from the grocery store nearby. Dr. Soames brought his papers written on Angela.

They spoke privately when he first arrived, and Molly tended to her cooking. She couldn't help but think about her coworker, Ash. The young woman thought he had been very handsome at first glance, but she knew she would have to get to know him better first.

That's when Molly heard Dr. Soames yell for help!

Hey! Thank you to whoever is reading this story! I hope you enjoy this new installment! Somehow, without that many reads, this story made it to #511 in Horror, which is awesome! I promise Molly and Ash will formally meet in the next chapter, and there will be lots of scary moments to come! If you've enjoyed this fic so far, would you consider maybe voting and commenting on it! It would be much appreciated!
Thanks xoxoxox!