IV. Get It On.

'You're an untamed youth that's the truth,With your cloak full of eagles

With your cloak full of eagles.
You're dirty sweet and you're my girl.'

Molly's P.O.V.

I ran into the room where mom and Dr. Soames were wrestling. I knew my mother had anger issues sometimes, and she trusted almost nobody, but I thought she would be getting better. This event lead me to believe my mother was getting worse, and that no fancy doctor or medication was going to fix her ailments.

Dr. Soames had to inject her with a sedative, and I just decided to pack myself a meal for work. It was getting just about that time to go to work, and forgetting my mother's issues would be best if I wanted to make a good impression.

Things weren't always easy for me with a mother that's crazy, but I guess I have to love her and take care of her. I've been doing it for so long that it doesn't even phase me anymore. I guess that's what makes me such a caring person, but I wish I had someone who was grateful to take care of.

I made my way to work with ten minutes to spare, so I decided to eat in the break room that I was shown earlier. I was starving, so I dug in right away and never noticed the person sitting next to me.

'That's impressive!' I looked over, and it was the guy who was going to train me tonight. Pablo, I think was his name. I'm not very good at remembering names, but what I did know was that Pablo was absolutely handsome.

Wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, I extended it to him. 'Molly!' I shouted with food still in my mouth, and Pablo chuckled softly.

'I know, we met the other day. I'm Pablo, and I'm going to be training you tonight.'

For the first hour of my shift, Pablo walked me through the whole store, and he showed me the backroom and the warehouse part of the building, where the shipments come in. It was pretty dark and scary in there, but the light was bright enough to illuminate the whole space.

After that, he decided to teach me the proper way to operate their cash system. As complicated as Pablo made it out to be, it was all familiar to me. I had already operated a cash like that, so I was fairly comfortable that this job would be a piece of cake.

'So, I'm going to let you fill out a bit more paperwork,' he saw my frown, 'sorry, company policies and such. If you need me, I'll be setting up your cashier's ID on your cash for tonight.' he walked over to the register station, and I sat down and started filling out more paperwork.

Suddenly, I heard a someone talking to Pablo. I wasn't sure if it was about me at first, but then I actually heard their conversation and there was no denying that whoever was talking to Pablo was asking about me in a flirtatious way.

'Hey Pablo, who's the sweet young thing?' the voice asked, and Pablo scoffed.

'Oh Molly? She's the new evening shift cashier. She's cool!' Pablo sounded excited to work with me, but now I was a bit more than intrigued to see who was talking to him.

As I turned to see who it was, I noticed it was the older coworker. He was very handsome, and I couldn't help but check him out as he walked over to me. He smirked at that, and I flashed him a smile. He suddenly seemed smitten.

That always happens!

'Hi there, sugar. How about we get out of here and we--' he was interrupted by Pablo.

'Ash, this is Molly. Molly, this is Ash. He's a senior employee, but if I'm not mistaken, you two have already met the other day!'

Ash winked at me, and I fought the urge to blush. He was really charming somehow, even though he was oozing with false confidence and machismo. Ash was definitely intriguing, and very sexy. There was something about him that I couldn't put my finger on.

'So, I'll give you a drive home, alright hot stuff?' Ash asked as Pablo whisked me to show me something else.

I wanted to let him drive me home so bad, but I knew my mother would get her clutches on him. She would be interested in sleeping with him, and maybe even trying to marry him for money, but I wanted to get to know him better.

There was something about Ash that made me think there was something else underneath his cocky attitude and flirty behavior. He was a mystery I wanted to solve, and I wanted my mother to have nothing to do with him.

Besides, I wanted to sleep with him...

Hey sorry it's a little short. If you enjoy this story, show it some love please ❤
Thanks for reading!