Chapter 6.

Previously on Polar Opposites

"You know, I kinda still win too." He said looking at me. "How so?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "Because I get to buy you food today, and I'd still like to take you on a date sometime." He said looking at me biting his lip.

Did he just ask me out? I thought. Omg I can already feel my cheeks getting hot. Treyveon Octavious Timmons. I like the sound of that. Uh this feeling man, what is this? I thought.

"Hello? Treyveon you okay?" Kelvin asked me. I came back to reality. "Sorry, I spaced for a second there." I said smiling.

"Baby boy ya face red, you sure you iight?" He asked me with a worried expression.

"Kelvin I'm fine, I promise." I said smiling. "C'mon let's go buy ya food and eat." He said as he grabbed my hand and the bell rung for lunch.

••••••••••••••••••••

I reached the table and Courtland was already seated eating. "Hey slut." I said sitting my box down about to stuff my face.

"Don't hey slut me bitch. Why tf haven't you been replying to my damn messages?" She said mugging me.

"My phone had been on airplane mode all morning." I said in all honesty. "Well stop that shit, I gotta talk to you. Do you wanna -- wait hold up who was that dude you was talking to a few seconds ago and why you smiling like you just won the lottery?" She said with an arched eyebrow.

"That was Kelvin." I said smiling ear to ear. "Kelvin Timmons? The same Kelvin that is bestfriends with my baby daddy Jacoby? The same dude that won't date not one person in this school because their not up to his standards ... that is until he met you. That Kelvin Timmons?" Courtland asked jumping up and down in her seat.

"Yes Court, that Kelvin Timmons." I said laughing. "Did he ask you out?" She said looking at me waiting for a response.

I couldn't do anything but turn red and smile. "OMG HE ASKED YOU OUT!" She said jumping up. I nodded my head and she screamed.

"We gotta go find you a dope ass outfit for ya date Rey-Rey." She said grabbing my arm and pulling me up. "Courtland we can't do that yet.." I said trying to stop her.

"Why not, what's the hold up?" She eyed me. "This is lunch hour and we still have classes to attend." I said in a duh-like tone.

"Damnit that is right, well meet me after school." She said. "I'm not riding in the same car with Naseem Courtland, I'll dead ass either walk or call an uber. I'm not playing." I told her seriously.

"Alright alright, I'll ask my daddy to take us to the mall." She said giving up. "Okay, that's cool." I agreed with her. "When we get there, there are some matters we need to discuss." She said walking away.

"What are you talking about?" I tried yelling to her in a distance but to my avail, it didn't work. "I guess I'll know when we get there." I said to myself sarcastically.

I walked down the hall and proceeded to my AP Calculus class.

Currently in Time