Chapter 8.

— "Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution."

Courtland Edwards

Monday October 16, 2018
— Southshore High's Cafe
12:33pm

I sat at our usual table waiting for Star to meet me so we can discuss an outfit for Treyveon's upcoming date.

Two minutes later, Star was in my eye sight with her sketchbook with a smile on her face, heading towards me.

"Hey boo, wassup." I greeted her with a smile. "Hey babes." She replied to me and returned a smile. "So wassup?" She asked me.

"Star, you're the best designer I know. Treyveon is basically after you with his "Line of ripped jeans." We both said in unison.

"He has a date coming up and I was wondering, could you design him a new outfit?" I asked her. "Sure, I don't mind, it's why I'm here." She smiles once more.

"Lit, so I took some pictures of him from a while back, and I was thinking, can you get inspired from his previous outfits?" I asked her.

"Of course, I'll get to work right after school, I'll start drawing sketches tonight. We can go over them and talk about which ones look best on him when I'm finished. She replied getting up.

"You're the best Star, do you want me to help buy the materials?" I asked being generous. "No thanks, for you and Treyveon, it's no charge. We'll talk more later, I have a lot of ideas and a lot of work to do." She said hugging me.

I hugged her back and sat back down. I pulled my phone out and began playing bubble witch saga 3 as I waited for my Bestfriend to come.

Moments later, hands covered my eyes and I automatically knew who hands they belonged to.

Smiling and pulling his hands from over my eyes, I turned around and embraced him and kissed his big pink lips.

"Wassup beautiful." Holden said as he smiled down at me. I blushed hard as hell whenever he called me beautiful.

"Nothing just finished talking to Star." I told him as I sipped my Mountain Dew. "What were y'all talking about?" He asked.

"Designing Treyveon a new outfit, he has a date next Friday and I want him to look like he caught a lick, ya digg?" I said eating my Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets.

"Oh word, who he dating?" He asked me as he took one of my nuggets. "Kelvin." I said as I replied to a message. "Timmons?" He inquired looking at me in disbelief. "Yeahhhhh, what's the issue?" I asked him giving him my full and undivided attention.

"Nothing." He said, I know when something's up with him because he always gets quiet and he tries to change the subject. I thought to myself. "I'm not repeating myself Holden, now spit it out." I said holding my straight and serious face.

"I don't trust that Kelvin dude, iight?" He said giving me eye contact. "Why not? What's wrong with him babe? Do you know him?" I asked him. "No I don't know him, but—." "Okay well how could you not trust him if you barely know him?" I asked interrupting him.

"Bae, you how I am right?" He asked me and I nodded my head in agreement. "Okay so remember how I always get some type of feeling about someone and they always prove me right?" He asked me and once again, I nodded in agreement.