one.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I hesitantly opened my eye to peek at the alarm clock sitting on my nightstand.

7:30

I groaned, putting the pillow over my head. Eventually, I got up and shut it off. Sitting upright, I contemplated getting up and going to work. This is what I went to school for, I shouldn't be thinkin' twice about it. My fuzzy slippers were at the edge of the bed so I slipped them on and began my journey to the bathroom. I ran the cold water from the sink and applied the toothpaste on my toothbrush. Looking in the mirror, I thought about how I was gonna do my hair today. Whatever, I'll just figure it out in the shower.

As I stripped down out of my pajamas, I began to sing Bobby Brown's Roni.

"The truth about Roni, she's a sweet little girl, if you treat her right, real nice and" I was cut off by my own self. I felt a presence behind me in the shower.

"Marcus, you can't be doin' that. I done told you about scaring me." I replied, now more calmly.

"I'm sorry baby, I just couldn't help but overhear that beautiful voice." he apologized before planting a soft kiss on my cheek, then neck.

"Boy stoppppp, I gotta go to work."

"What that mean?" he smirked.

"That means, I'm about to run late so I suggest you bounce!" I laughed.

"Oh it's like that, Syd?"

"Yeah it's like that, boo."

"You wrong. But that's okay, I got you. I'll be gone." he said with a smile. He stepped out of the shower and walked out of the bathroom. My fiancé is so handsome. We've been together five years, since I started college. He proposed to me during our senior year. I've had not one regret about it, either.

After I finished getting myself together, I went to the bedroom to choose my outfit. I was gonna go with a baby pink cashmere sweater, black pencil skirt, and a pair of black ankle-strap heels. New York was pretty chilly, especially in the mornings.

"Damn baby, you sure you gotta go to work?" Marcus asked, scratching his head.

"You want me to sit at home and be lazy? Yes, I'm sure." I smiled. I went back to the bathroom and parted my hair on the right side, and flat ironed it for a few minutes. This was gonna have to do until I felt like doing it again. I grabbed my peacoat and matching beret from the closet. "I love you, Syd. Have a great day." Marcus wished me luck for the day and kissed me.

"I love you too, baby. And you as well. What you want for dinner tonight?"

"You." He caught me off guard with that one. He's been showing a lot of affection toward me lately. It's suspicious but passionate at the same damn time.