fourteen.

Sydney's little sister was face to face with us

"Ayana, it's really not—" Syd spoke.

"How could you do that? Who are you anymore?" she shook her head swiftly and sprinted out the door. Sydney went to go chase after her. I put my head in my hands. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know why I am the way I am. I don't know why I'm so attracted to...her.

Maybe it's because she's independent, don't take shit from nobody, and she's hard to get. I'm not used to that type of shit. I'm used to broads only wantin' me for my fame, my money, or my looks. Syd looks past all of that, period point blank. Yeah, I got Lena. But she's a fan, she'll come and go. Sydney is like no other. I work hard to get what I want and I will stop at nothing to achieve it. If you ain't got it by now, you just ain't gettin' it. I'm wishin' she would let that nigga go and come get with a real boss playa like me. But until then, imma make her want me.

"The hell was that all about?" My big head ass brother asked me, emerging from the office.

"Shit. You know. Me and Syd get down a lil'." I smirked.

"Since when? Yous a damn lie, because from what I recall, she don't want your ass." he massaged his chin.

"You remember that Uptown party a few weeks back?" He nodded in agreement.

"Yeah well, yeah. You know. We ain't go all the way, but I did get the opportunity to show off my skills." I chuckled, running my tongue over my teeth and scratching the back of my neck. Dalvin did nothing but shake his head. He had a look of disappointment, but that soon changed when he started smiling and gettin' excited.

"My nigga! How'd you bag that?" he genuinely questioned.

"She wasn't nothin' to bag, Dal. I'm not doin' this for any type of bragging rights or anything. I genuinely...like this girl."

"Wow, you must be serious too, I ain't never seen you out yo hook-up like this."

"That's what I'm sayin', man. You know? I don't know what it is." I shrugged my lanky shoulders.

"I'd just advise you to watch it, though. You don't know what type of crazy she or her nigga is."

"Psh, please. I'm that nigga's idol. I blatantly made slick comments about Syd right in front of him and he ain't said shit." Dalvin pretty much got quiet after that. I'm not sure if he actually was rocking with the way I was rollin', but I really don't give a shit. I'm tired of mothafuckas. We made idle chit chat on the way downstairs, where we found Sydney bawling her eyes out.

"Congratulations De. You got what you wanted. My relationship is officially over." she said in a very relaxed tone. I knew she was far from calm though. That's scary. Damn, I felt kinda bad.

"I ain't mean to—"

"Just save it. Save the bullshit cause I don't have time for it. You don't care about shit unless it involves you. As long as Mr. Swing is good, that's all that matters! Right?" she laughed. "I gotta go." she stormed out of the building, but I wasn't about to let her slip away. I left Dalvin standing in the middle of the lobby.