Little Did He Know

"Right from the start you were a thief, you stole my heart and I your willing victim "

Alex POV

Tonight was the first night that we had off in weeks and I have never needed a girls night more than I do right now. The entire case I couldn't stop thinking about Rossi. There was just something about him. Something that I couldn't deny being attracted to.  As soon as I met him I had this feeling that I could trust him with anything. It's not often that something like that happens. We had a connection right from the start, and as much as I didn't want to deny it, I knew I had to. Me and James were struggling, but we were still trying to work through it.

~ A few hours later ~

As soon as I walked into the bar I was greeted by JJ and Penelope. I have never been more grateful to have friends like them at work then I am right now. They always know how to cheer you up even if they don't know it.

We've been at the bar for about an hour and no matter how hard I try I can't focus on anything they're saying. It's just going in one ear and coming right out the other.

"So Alex, how is everything going with James?" Garcia asked. 

When she didn't get a reply, I could tell both her and JJ knew that something was up. "Hey hun, what's going on with you? You've hardly said a word all night,"

"What, me? Oh, I'm fine. I'm just tired. It's been a long few weeks."

"Are you sure that's it, you haven't been yourself lately. Is something going on between the two of you?" JJ asked.

After a few moments, I decided that I should tell them about Rossi. I mean, if anyone was gonna understand it would be them.

"Well, we haven't seen eachother in months and it's been really hard on the both of us. It doesn't even feel like a marriage anymore. Part of me wants to work things out because we've come this far, but another part knows that there's just no point. We could both be working harder to see eachother more, but we're always finding excuses. And now I think I might be starting to get feelings for Dave and -"

"Woah woah woah, you're what!?" Garcia excitedly yelled almost falling out of her chair, "You're telling me that you gave the hots for the Italian?"

JJ had a bit of a different reaction. She looked more concerned or confused than anything. "What does that mean for your marriage?"

"I-I don't know. I haven't felt like this about someone in years. Just thinking about him makes me smile and when our eyes meet, I can't help but feel at home, which I know, it's a little weird, but he makes me feel safe. And every time I hear him call my name my heart skips a beat. He makes the whole world around me stop, and it's like it's only my and him."

JJ and Garcia looked at eachother wondering what to say.

"The only thing is, I don't know how he feels and I can't just end my marriage based on the hope that he feels the same."

"I've seen the way you two look at eachother when the other isn't looking, I just never thought much of it," JJ added "I always just figured it was a friend thing."

"Dave and Alex sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g," Garcia sang excitedly.

~~~

"And in the middle of my chaos, there as you"