Things I'll Never Say

"I'm afraid to tell you how I feel because it might just mean nothing to you"

Alex POV

"Hey, as much as I was wish I could let you sleep, Hotch called, said we've got a case over in Philly. We're gonna head over and JJ and Reid will meet us there as soon as he's cleared."

I thought I could hear someone talking, but it just felt like everything was still a dream. I only realized the voice was real when I felt someone start to play with my hair. Slowly looking up, I saw Rossi smiling at me,

"Hey, how'd you sleep?" I asked returning the smile

"Not too bad, yourself?"

"Best nights sleep I've had in a while. Did Hotch say what time we're meeting on the plane?"

"Within the next hour," he said getting up from the bed, "I should probably go start packing, we don't want to be late. I'll see you on the plane"

"Hey, I can't thank you enough for last night, I really needed it."

"If I needed to, I would do it all over again."

Rossi POV

Walking back to my room, I kept thinking about the night before. I mean we spent the night together. I know we didn't do anything, but I couldn't stop picturing it. The food, the movie, falling asleep in each others arms, it just kept playing over and over again. When I first went to her room, I was never planning on that happening. I thought I was just gonna go over, talk a little, and then leave. Never in a million years would I have thought that any thing like this would've happened. This whole thing has me smiling like a fool.

No matter what I just keep falling harder and harder for her. When she fell asleep, just seeing her curled up next to made me feel a way that I haven't felt in years. She looked so peaceful laying there. After everything that happened to her, I wish I could just take just take all her pain away. If I wasn't so exhausted, I could've sat there all night watching her. After not being there right after the shooting, I feel like I need to protect her. Seeing her that hurt yesterday killed me. I would do anything to make sure she never has to go through that again.

We've never talked about how we feel and I don't know how she feels, but I do know that there definitely has to be something there. Most people if they woke up next to one of their coworkers wouldn't have reacted the way she did. Or even how I did.

Alex POV

Rossi left like twenty minutes ago and I'm still sitting in bed thinking about everything. I just couldn't seem to push my self out of bed. It was like I was in this daze. I was so caught up in it that I didn't even realize Hotch never called me, he only called Dave. He must have known that we were together because why else would he have not called me. I mean I talk about him to the girls, so I guess it is possible that he talks about me to Hotch.

I really do wish that I could tell Rossi about how I feel about him, but I'm afraid that it would just complicate things even more with James. We haven't talked in the last two months and he's planning on making a trip here after the case. When I get back home, I think I'm gonna have to talk to him about where our marriage is going. I can't keep hiding how I feel about Rossi. Especially if something last night were to happen again.

"All we do is think about the feelings that we hide"