Boys night out

"A little party never killed anybody"

Rossi POV

While the girls were out, Derek was having dinner with Savannah, Reid was probably at work trying to entertain himself, and Hotch and I went to our favorite local bar. Since the two of us aren't seeing anyone, we always rely on each other to help out with the ladies, not that I need it of course. Usually I am the one pushing Hotch to go out, but since I've met Alex, I haven't been that interested.

"So, who do you have me meeting tonight Dave?"

"Actually, no one. I thought tonight we could give them a rest," I said chuckling. "Although, I could use your opinion on something."

"Oh ya, what's that?"

"Well you see, there's this girl. And I think I'm really starting to like her. Only thing is, she's married, its rocky, but it's still a marriage."

He paused for a minute trying to fit all the pieces together before asking "Are you talking about Blake?"

Now, there's no way he could have possibly known that unless I was being obvious about it at work. I thought I was careful about it, but there have been a few times where I completely got lost watching her. She was so graceful in everything she did.

"And how did you come to that conclusion?"

With a little nod Aaron said, "Ive caught you looking at her a few times. And not casual glances either, might I add"

"Well what can I say. But listen Aaron, in all my years, I've never met anyone quite like her. She's breathtaking. And the fact that she can understand anything that Reid says is truly mind-blowing." Just describing her to Aaron made me smile. "We've only known each other for short time but I feel like Ive known her my whole life."

The rest of the night was pretty easy going. The both of us were exhausted from working so much and I had too much on my mind to really enjoy everything that was going on around us. I couldn't stop thinking about her the entire time. As much as I tried to think about something else, I couldn't. I want to tell he how I feel because her not knowing is killing me, but I don't want to risk her not feeling the same. If I lost her, I don't know what I'd do. Plus, she is still with James and I would never want to come between that.

Hotch POV

The Dave that was telling me about how he was feeling about Blake was completely different than any Dave I've ever seen. Sure he's had some interests over the years, but I could tell that this time was different. I thought I may have seen her peeking glances at him once or twice but she's married, so I never really thought much of it. Rossi hasn't said much tonight and I'm guessing its because he's thinking of her.

"So, are you gonna tell her?"

"As much as I want to and as much as I want to know how she feels, I don't think I will. I mean who am I to come between two people. I may not like it, but she's with James."

"Well, maybe if the timing was right this would be going differently"

"Sometimes someone comes into your life and changes everything. Raises the standards, makes you laugh, and makes you feel like you"