Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I step in front of the mirror. My skinny jeans hugging my newly toned legs, the ones I'd spent at least two months on for jean season. My shirt is nice and flowy, with a light teal and white chevron pattern. I slip on my Nine West knee boots and and put on my Kendra Scott earrings. I apply an extra bit of lipstick.

"Perfect."I tell my self.

I pick up my bag and head downstairs. Because I slept late and didn't have time for a real breakfast , I grab a granola bar and head out to the car, where my uncle sits. I can see his badge hanging out of his shirt.

"You might want to hide that." I tell him, pointing it out.

"Thanks." He says as he tuck it back into his shirt. "That's not something you want to show."

"I agree." I answer, checking to make sure mine was securely tucked in.

I took it out and studied it. The top reads CIA, under it reads my full name, Taylor Elizabeth Starly. I go by Tay, only because I hate my name. Taylor. That's the common name of snotty cheerleaders. I can't stand them. I slide the card back into my shirt.

➖➖➖

"Hey Tay." My friend Lizzy finds me as soon as I walk in. "You look nice." She tells me.

"I do not!" I object. "My alarm clock didn't go off this morning, I had to rush! Just look how bad my makeup looks!"

"You rushed on your makeup? Dang your good. Do you want to teach me how to do makeup that well?"

When your an agent and have to be able to get ready in a rush, you learn how to do your makeup fast. The bell rings and Lizzy and I head to class, Mrs.Johnston's English class. I love Mrs.Johnston. She so sweet and kind. But she needs so serious wardrobe help. I mean come on, who wears a t-shirt, tribal maxi skirt, and knitted knee boots that are an ugly grey color, all in one outfit? But the maxi skirts pretty cute, actually. I sit in my seat in the front of the room. Lizzy heads to the back. I hate how we're in high school and still have assigned seats.

Mrs.Johnston loves me. It's pretty obvious. She calls on me every time I put my hand up. Sometimes she'll look around the room and pretend she not going to, but then she does anyway. And when I don't have the answer, unlike other students, she doesn't call on me. And she always gives me first pick. And in group projects, even when she chooses groups, she makes sure Lizzy and I are in a group. And sometimes, she has me come in for lunch, just to sit and chat. Oh, and don't mention the good grade she gives me on stuff I obviously failed

"Alright class." She says right as the bell rings, as she always does. "Today we are going to learn about how to read plays. As you know at the beginning of the year we had you buy..." I tune her out. Just as I do every day. I look over at Lizzy who sits in the back of the room. My phone buzzes in my pocket. The buzz pattern I set for when it's my uncle, signaling he was going to pick me up soon. "Excuse me, Mrs.Johnston, can we please borrow Taylor Starly? She's checking out." A loud voice comes on over the intercom in our room. I grab my bag, say goodbye, and walk out.

My uncle waits for me in the office.

"Hey Tay." His face lights up at the sight of me. "Ready to go?" He asks.

I nod my head. We walk out silently out to my uncles car.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

So how'd you like the first chapter? Are you curious as to why her uncle picked her up? I'm going to try to upload a new chapter each week. I get off of school TOMMOROW!! 😄 So I'll have more time to write.😄 Sometimes I might upload a chapter early if I've written enough for that. But mostly I will update on Thursday or Friday. I will try and notify you if that is not possible.

If you'd like to reach me or create book covers for me e-mail me at smsulley03@gmail.com

See you next week!

-smsulley03

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖