Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I'm walking downstairs with Lily when we hear an ear piercing scream. I stiffen in fear. It's the same scream my mother made when I manage to get away from her. I watch as Lily runs ahead of me. I stand still for a few seconds, and run after her.

When we reach the bottom we find Cassidy leaning over someone. As I get closer I can see blood staining the persons shirt. That's when I see their face.

"Amy." I whisper under my breath.

I run over to her.

"What happened?" As soon as I say those words I see the knife off to the side of her.

"Is everything alright girls?" A teacher on the stairs calls out.

Then she sees Amy's body and runs over pushing us away from her. Lily and Cassidy are sobbing. I don't cry though. I've seen to many deaths in my life. I wasn't technically Amy's friends anyway. I just stand there, stunned.

"Who did this?" The teacher asks.

"I have no idea." Cassidy speaks up. "I told her and some of my other friends," she gestures to us. "To meet me down here and go have breakfast together. When I came down I found her dead."

Mackenna and Grace walk over.

"What's going on?" Grace asks.

She and Mackenna gasp at the same time. Then they both break down. I silently grab the knife and slip upstairs.

➖➖➖

Lily walks in, tears silently streaming down her face. I extend my arms and she runs into them, embracing me back, sobbing.

"I'm so sorry." I tell her, rubbing her back.

"Why her?" She asks. "It could've been anyone else. Anyone else in this stupid school." She says through sobs.

"Shhhhhh. It'll be alright." I really feel sorry.

But I didn't know her very well. And she didn't exactly like me. So I can't cry. But on the bright side (well for me) I was able to get fingerprints from the knife.

"I just-" She tries to say something, but is to upset to say anything.

I pull away for her.

"Do you want to go grab breakfast?" I ask.

She nods.

"Fist let me fix my makeup." She says, slightly laughing as she looks in the mirror.

➖➖➖

"So what'd ya get?" I ask as we find a table.

"Vanilla Bean Frappucino." She answers. "What about you?"

"I got a-" I'm about to answer when I'm cut off.

"May I join you ladies?" I look up into Chris's blue eyes.

I look over to Lily and give her a questioning look.

"Sure." She says, pulling over a chair from another table.

"Skylar!" The barista yells out.

I grab my drink and walk back over to the table. We sit in silence.

"I heard about Amy. I'm so sorry." Chris says after what seems like forever.

"It's not your fault." Lily says, getting teary eyed.

"I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't have said that." Chris says, watching her.

She puts her face into her hands, then grabs her Frappucino and walks out.