nine

Auston's POV
The second Brock sent me the information to the hospital Halston was staying at, I was on the first flight to Vancouver. After a long flight to Vancouver, I took an uber to Halston's hospital. Since she was in stable condition, they let me see her. I rushed into her room and as soon as I made eye contact with her, I felt the tears flowing. This is the first time I've seen her since I told her I cheated on her over 2 years ago. I never got to see her when I came to town because she was in the hospital.

"Halston," I breathed out. I rushed over to her and stood by the side of her bed, not knowing what to do. I wanted desperately to reach out to her and kiss her lips and apologize for every mistake I made, but I knew that I couldn't do that. I rushed over to her side, sticking my arms out for a hug. She wrapped me in a hug and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing.

"Auston, what's wrong?" She asked me worriedly. "I don't know how you're worried about me when you're sitting in this bed with 2 badly broken bones. I don't deserve your apology. This is not the way I envisioned seeing you after over 2 years apart." I told her and she nodded agreeingly.

"Auston, I forgive you, I told you that. It's fine, it really is. It hurts still, I'll admit that. But I'm fine now, really." She told me and I couldn't help but smile. All of the sudden, I couldn't control myself. She looked so effortlessly beautiful and I was engulfed with my love for her that I had always had and soon enough I was leaning in and kissing her. When she didn't kiss me back and I felt her push me off her, I knew I made a mistake.

"Auston! What the hell are you doing?" She asked me angrily. I knew I made a mistake but I had to do it. "Matthews! What was that?" All of the sudden I heard the angry voice of Brock Boeser and I knew I really messed up. Brock came running up to me and shoved me. I stumbled and then his fists were in my face. "Babe, stop!" Halston yelled at Brock, trying to sit up in her bed. I could barely see anything, it was all a blur as Brock's fists kept ramming into my face. I felt the blood pouring down my face and I felt like it was all gonna end there.

Soon enough, a bunch of nurses came in and Brock was pulled off of me. I slid to the ground and everything around me went black.

(A/N) WELL SHIT THAT JUST GOT INTENSE