seventeen

Halston walked into the bar with Isaac at her side. She didn't want to sound cocky, but she looked good. Like really good. All eyes were on Halston as she walked in the room, guys whispering and shouting catcalls at her.

Brock sat at the bar, signaling the bartender over and ordering his 3rd drink of the night. He hadn't stopped thinking about his talk with Halston. He fucked up, he knew he did. He didn't kiss back, but he didn't stop her. He told her the truth and all he could do now was hope that she forgave him.

Halston walked over to the bar, Isaac ordering their drinks while she sat down. A tall guy with brown hair and bright green eyes walked up to her and sat at the stool next to her. "Hey pretty lady, I'm Stephen." He told her and she gave him a slight smile. "I'm Halston." She told him and he smiled back. "Thats a beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

She was flattered but knew better than to trust a guy in a bar. Her mama didn't raise her that way. "How about I get you a drink?" He asked and she shook her head. "I already have one, but thank you though." She told him and he nodded. "Well then, how about we get out of here?" He asked her and she was instantly frightened.

She didn't know anyone in this bar except for Isaac, who had disappeared. Her eyes darted around the bar, looking for help but she just decided to use her words. "I'm good, thank you. I have a boyfriend." She lied. He didn't know that. "Oh ya, where's he now? Why'd he leave such a pretty girl like you alone at the bar?" He questioned, walking towards her and putting his hand on her cheek.

She moved his hand off her face.

Brock was walking towards the bathroom when he heard a conversation that sparked his attention. "Please, I have a boyfriend. He's out of town. Please, get your hands off me." The girl begged, her voice sounding awfully familiar. Then it hit Brock.

That voice belonged to Halston.

Brock looked around frantically until he found her. A tall man had a tight grip on her wrist and she squirmed as he put his other on her waist.

"Get the hell off of her!" He yelled, pushing the guy off Halston.

Halston felt the man being pushed off her. She looked up to see who it was and was faced with Brock. "Brock?" She questioned. "What are you gonna do about it, pretty boy? Are you the boyfriend?" Stephen asked. Brock's face turned from angry to livid in seconds. "Yes, as a matter of fact I am and I recommend you stay the hell away from my girlfriend before I beat your ass up." He threatened.

Brock couldn't take it anymore. He threw his fists into the guy's face, practically pounding it in. He heard Halston's voice yelling at him to stop, but he was so angry he couldn't.

He was flashing back to when he beat Auston up in the hospital. He would do anything to protect his girl, even if they were in a rough spot.

Finally, a bartender pulled Brock off Stephen. Halston went running up to Brock. And instead of yelling at him like he expected, she wrapped her arms around him and cried. He ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Let's get you back to Isaac's, Hals." He told her. "Isaac is at the bar." She said and just as she said that, Isaac came running up to them, engulfing Halston in a hug. He kept apologizing for leaving her, but she wasn't mad.

"Brock," her quiet voice whispered. "Ya, Hals?" he asked, his full attention on her. "Thank you," she said and he shook his head and smiled. He wrapped her in a hug and kissed her forehead. "I would do anything to protect you."