I'm Here ✨ Kugimiya

“I try to tell myself that I can toughen up, not self-destruct”
••••••

“I try to tell myself that I can toughen up, not self-destruct”••••••

It was close to midnight when you heardyour phone rang. It was flooded by messages from none other than Kugimiya, your best friend. You read the messages out loud, some of it as follows:

Hey (Y/N) can you come here?

Please, I beg of you.

I need you, (Y/N)

"As if you really need me, you dumbass" You muttered as you turned off the device. "Right." You said as you change your clothes. "Time to give him a shoulder to cry on."

•••

The cold breeze bit your skin. You walked to reach his apartment, since it was only a few blocks away.

It felt that you were obliged to be with him; since you're the only one available and the only one he trusted. Well, he also trusted another person but it's the girl who broke Kugimiya's heart. (You called her a bitch on your mind).

You rang the doorbell once, twice, thrice....but there was no one answering. You let out an exasperated sigh and knocked on the door loudly and shouted, not caring if his neighbours will wake up.

"HEY YOU FRIGGIN MATCHSTICK WAKE UP!" No answer. "YOU WAKE ME UP AT THIS TIME OF NIGHT JUST TO MAKE ME WAIT HERE?! GET UP ALREADY."

You were stubborn and loud compared to  Kugimiya, which is a complete opposite of what he is and a lot of students from the dance studio are afraid of you, but they also respect you at the same time. That was one of the reasons why he became your friend.

You waited for a few seconds until a voice groaned.

"Ugh, okay, okay! Coming."

You crossed your arms. Kugimiya opened the door.

"Gross. You look dreadful."  You said the moment he opened the door. This was the first time you saw him, a month after the break-up.

"Yeah, I know."  He said while scratching the back of his neck. "Come in."

You didn't need a more complex reason why he made you come over. Seeing his present state was enough to see the deep emotional exhaustion and pain he's in.

He's on his pajamas and a white tank top. His hair was all messy, and his turquoise eyes, the ones you loved the most from him appeared to be lifeless.

His TV was on but it was muted. Bags of chips and candies, cans of sodas, and a heap of stacked cup noodles was on the floor of his living room. There were also packets of cigarette and cigarette butts piled on an ashtray.

His blanket and pillow was on the couch. He must've been sleeping there since that time.

"Sit down." He said as he cleared the couch from other trash.

"I'm quite amused your kidneys are still properly working with all these  cup noodles you consumed."  You said as you rested your chin on your hand. "Why'd you call me for?" You added, looking at him.

"Shut up, I just want you to be here." He says, running a hand through his tousled black locks.

Silence enveloped both of you.

"Okaayy...." You said, one brow arched. "Have you eaten yet?" You asked. Kugimiya looked away.

"No." 

"Why?"

"I'm broke."

"It's because you spent all your damn money on that stupid girl." You mumbled under your breath. "Do you have food on your cupboards or fridge?"

He nodded.

You ended up making soup, steamed rice and braised chicken. You let him eat it all, since it looked like he haven't had a decent meal for a while.

"When are you going home (y/n)?" asked Kugimiya who was lying down on the couch, completely full and satisfied after eating.

You were at the kitchen, washing the dishes.

"I don't know. Maybe after this?" You called over your shoulder.

"Leave tomorrow." He sat.

"Pardon?" You said as you wipe your hands.

"Leave early in the morning tomorrow. It's too dangerous now."

"Well okay, if you say so."

You made your way to the couch and sat beside him. He kept on yawning, when suddenly he grabbed his pillow, placed it in your lap, and he laid down.

"Just stay, okay? Don't go." Kugimiya said before closing his eyes.

His words rang on your rears. You were always there beside him, in every problem and achievement he had. It's just that he's too blind to see all your efforts.

You were always the friend, but never the girl. A single teardrop fell on his cheek.

"(Y/N)? Are you crying?"

"What?!" You exclaimed. "Me? Cry? Heck no!" You lied, but it was hard to conceal the fact, since your eyes were all red and puffy.

"Don't cry, (Y/N). It doesn't suit you." Kugimiya said, wiping the tears away. "I must really be an idiot huh, (Y/N)?" He said as he held your hand and kissed it.

"Yeah, you really are......" You told him, as he held your hand. "You're stupid, Masami Kugimiya." You saw him smile. The smile you haven't seen in a while.

Then everything felt wonderful.