Chapter 2

After I returned home, I trudged upstairs to my bedroom and threw the door open. I immediately changed into more comfortable attire and took my awaiting phone from my nightstand. I actually don't use my phone much... I know, crazy right? I plopped down onto my bed and took the tie out of my head of black hair.

   I let all of the feathery hair fall down over my neck, even moving some out of my face. My raven black hair was neck-length and it barely touched my shoulders when out of a ponytail. I finally felt like myself now that I was inside of my room and in a more relaxed state.

   I brushed off the layer of dust from my phone screen and turned it on, surprised to see that the battery was still 48%. Clearing my new and unessecary notifications, I waited for a new one that signalled it was Harvey.

Short Time Skip

   *ding*

   I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in a familiar, dark bedroom. Ah.. I must've fell asleep waiting. I didn't think work was that tiring today. My hand squeezed the form of a phone, causing me to realize that I'd gotten a new notification.

   I turned the device on and checked the time before anything else...

   7:24 PM

   Woah... I slept for at least half an hour. Geez, I must've been more exhausted than I thought I was.

   Losing my train of thought, I quickly resumed checking the new message. It was from an unknown number that said, "Hi! This is Harvey from the coffee shop earlier today. Sorry for being so late, I had to fix dinner for my little sibling and make some calls for work"

   I felt the corners of my lips raise softly as my eyes scanned the message. I tapped on the text and it brought me to the chat history... Which was blank for now. I brought up my keyboard and began to swiftly type my reply.

   Me: no its okay. I fell asleep after my head hit the pillow

   Harvey: Oh yeah, that's how some days are for me. That's understandable! So, how are you?

   Me: fine I guess. Finally got into more comfy clothes and crashed. My phone woke me up

   Harvey: Ah, sorry. After I got home, my little sister started nagging me about how she was hungry so I had no choice but to make her some food... Do you have any siblings?

   Me: no, I'm the only child

   Harvey: Lucky!

   Harvey: I'm 19, by the way. I forgot to tell you my age back at the café. My birthday just passed, it was July 14th!

   Me: nice... Your birthday was only a week ago then. I'm turning 20 on April 27th but I'm still 19.

   Harvey: Cool!

   ___

   I found myself talking to him for over an hour. I learned what his favorite color was (which was Orange), what kinds of movies he likes even though he prefers books over movies. His favorite food is steak which is surprising for someone as small as him.

   Well, instead of texting for so long, we decided to start calling one another. I held the phone up to my ear, finally being able to hear his voice through the speaker. I grinned without a hint of mischief, greeting him with a short "hello."

   "Hi Ashton!"

   "Hey, Harvey. How're you doing?" I asked, speaking into the phone's microphone. I heard him chuckle on the other side of the line. I thought his laugh was cute.

   "I'm doing fine. My little sister is sleeping in her room since her curfew is coming soon. Her name is Audrie, she's still 8."

   I didn't ask about her, I asked about you. Well, I wanted to say that, but I decided to reply with something else; something more charming. Maybe I can make him blush, that'd be a pleasing sight.

   "That's nice and all, but I'd be more interested to hear about you." I purred, switching into a deep tone with my voice. Judging by his lack of words and soft gasp, I could already tell he was getting flustered. My face can practically feel the warmth raditating from the other line.

   "U-Um... A-Are you.. Flirting with me?"

   He sounded like he was flushed with embarrassment and heat. I couldn't help but laugh at his sudden shyness.

   "I just might be." I told him with a laugh.

_____
The Following Day

   I pulled into the parking lot of the café, taking my usual parking spot which was right in front of the café entrance. As I pulled my keys out of the ignition, I saw a familiar figure stalking up to the café doors. It was Harvey... A lot earlier than yesterday's arrival.

   I quickly got out of the car and straightened my work uniform. I approached with a faster speed than him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. He jumped in surprise and turned his head to face me. "Good evening." I greeted, wearing a smile on my face.

   "Oh! Uh, evening, Ashton!" his lips turned upwards, cheeks turning a soft shade of crimson. I walked along with him and let go if his shoulder when we stopped in front of the glass doors. I opened them and found that it was already filled with people. There were a few people sitting alone, some couple with their children and a group of teenagers around the age of 16-18.

   "You first." I offered as I held the door open for Harvey. He bowed his head and kept a simper pressed to his lips. He stepped past me and entered the Café. I followed after him and led him to the counter where my coworkers stood.

   "I'll take your request." I told him, entering behind the marble counter through the wooden half-door. I gave my coworkers a smile and quickly retrieved my apron and nametag from the back area. I approached where Harvey stood and pressed my palms against the surface of the counter that separated us.

   "What would you like today?" I asked, leaning against the countertop flirtatiously. His face seemed to flush with even more heat and I looked into his eyes with a smirk.

 "Can I have four Maracons, two orange and two mint green please?" he requested, winking at me when he mentioned my favorite color; Mint Green. What a clever little bastard, I see what he's doing!

   "Alright, four colored Macarons." I purred, snickering softly as I turned around and headed for the back area where everyone was making bread and coffee. I greeted some of my coworkers, two girls and another male which names I couldn't recall.

   Kate was currently making coffee and when she noticed me approaching, she immediately stopped and came hopping over to me... Oh God, this girl. Let me just get Harvey his pastries! I quickly shuffled past her and led the way to a shalf that had different colored pastries in a neat array.

   "Hey Ashton!" Kate's voice piped. I tried to drown her out and continued to get Harvey his sweets. I grabbed a pair of rubber gloves from the box by the side and slipped them over my bare hands. I felt someone's arm wrap around mine and shook it off of me... I already knew it was Kate trying to grab my attention.

   "Leave me alone... I have an order to fulfill." I huffed, my mood instantly souring. Just the sight of Harvey smiling could restore the chipper mood that I had before. I opened the glass case and retrieved four Macarons, two orange and two mint green or sea foam in other words.

   "Your boyfriend over there is cute! Mind if I steal him for a bit~?"

   End Of Chapter 2