Chapter 19

[Drawing above is done by me]

___
A Few Weeks Later

(UPDATE: Your guys' comments on my drawing are so sweet thank you so much 😭😭 but I'm quite embarrassed by it bc it's so old and I can do much better now, so I took it down. I love you guys aah-)

Harvey and I were far into our relationship by this point, enticed with one another and wishing each other the best of luck when we part. I decided to come out as gay, since Harvey seems ready as well. As I finished serving three donuts to a male customer, I saw the doors swing open with a melodic tune of the small bell above.

"Ashton!" Harvey called, a wide smile warming his appearance as he sauntered into the café. As he reached the middle of the small shop, I met him half-way and placed my hands below his thighs and behind his back. Lifting him up with ease, I happily spun him in a semi-circle.

He giggled, wrapping his arms around my neck securely. The customers at the shop were obviously watching us so I decided to give them a little show. I smiled from ear to ear, looking up to see an awestruck, blushing Harvey. He didn't know what I was doing but he seemed to like it anyways.

"Am I moving too fast?" I asked him quietly so that nobody other than him could hear. His light hazel eyes gleamed with confusion but he still held an uncontrollable smile to his lips.

"How fast you're spinning me or how our relationship's going?"

"Our relationship, smartass." I gave a soft chortle as I answered him. He just chuckled and shook his head to dismiss my question. I jerked my body upwards joyfully, causing him to jump along with my actions. His grip on my shoulders/neck tightened as I swayed from side to side.

"Soo... I wanted to say something to you for a while now. I think I've figured out the reason why I haven't been interested in females this whole time." I started, giving Harvey a hint at what I was anticipating on saying.

"I'll say this once and only once in public so listen carefully, okay?" I prologued, raising my chin to meet Harvey's engrossed yet emotional eyes. I took a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for what words will spill from my throat. I figure that I wasn't going to come out as gay, but state something... A lot better.

"I love you, Harvey Lithern."

The whole café was washed over with a nearly dreadful silence. Harvey's eyes were exceptionally wide with mixed emotions swirling through them. A variety of differing emotions flashed over his face in a split second, causing my heartbeat to kick up a notch. Oh God... Why did I have to say that? Why is he so silent..? Say something!

"A-Ash.." Harvey's voice broke me from my anxious thoughts. My eyes shifted to his eyes, noticing the abundance of glossiness in them. It only took one blink of his eyes for the tears to come rolling down his flushed cheeks. A weak smile tugged at his lips as he tilted his head. "I love you too.." he reciprocated, the words ringing and causing my heart to skip a few beats.

The words bounced around my head and rolled through my brain. I'll keep a special place for those words... They're now my new motivation and hope. The simple four words mean too much for me to let them go any time soon. Even him.

___

"This time we're having dinner here tonight!" Harvey whooped as he shrugged his jacket off of his shoulders. After being here numerous times, he already knew where to put his things. He sat his shoes next to mine at the front door and even there his jacket on top of mine on the couch.

Ever since two days ago, Harvey's been bringing Audrie over with him. She's become utterly fascinated with my house - especially my bedroom. Whenever Harvey and I enter my room, she comes tagging along like a dog. This squeezes Harvey's and my "alone time" out of the time that they're here.

"All right, what do you want for dinner, guys?" I asked them as Harvey approached me. Audrie was at the door taking off her shoes whilst her brother embraced my front. I felt myself smile, slowly yet tightly returning the hug. "What do you want for dinner?" I repeated, my voice growing hushed this time so I could speak to Harvey only.

"You choose. You're the chef with the amazing pick of food here." he mumbled, nuzzling his head below my chin. My chest rumbled as I let out a chuckle from his frankness.

"Well you got me there. How does creamy garlic shells with mashed potatoes sound?" I suggested, feeling Harvey squeeze my waist tightly. I'm guessing that's a yes for him. I turned my head to Audrie - who was now making her way over to us.

"That sounds good." Audrie agreed, a smile forming on her lips as she looked at Harvey and my position. Harvey was still latching onto me as if his life depended on it. I looked down to Harvey and laughed before patting his back.

"Well I can't make dinner with you doing that, babe."

___

"Food's ready, guys~" I sang, coming from the kitchen and crossing the main room as I trailed for the living room. Audrie and Harvey were watching TV whilst I cooked. I strolled over with four plates, two with the main dish and two with a side of mashed potatoes.

Harvey whirled his head over to me as Audrie kept watching the cartoon shown on the TV screen. I handed his plate over first, receiving a kiss in return for the dinner. After that, I turned to Audrie and placed her two plates on her lap. "Be careful, it's a little hot from the stove." I warned them as I stepped back to the kitchen to get my own plates of food.

"Thank you Ash." Harvey piped, grabbing the metal fork that rested on the rim of his plate of mashed potatoes. He leaned towards Audrie, looking at her as she turned her head to me. "What do you say?" he mumbled, jerking his head towards me as he kept his eyes on her.

"Oh.. Thank you!" she suddenly told me, smiling for a moment before digging into her fresh, warm food. I sat next to Harvey on the two-seat sofa whilst Audrie sat on the grey recliner on the other side of the living room.

We haven't been able to get frisky lately, but just spending time together is good enough for me.

End Of Chapter 19