Nightwing POV

2016

Roy and I stood in a private room in Belle Reve. We had scheduled a visit with (y/n) a few weeks ago and they finally allowed it. We had arrived a few minutes ago and were shown into this room to wait for (y/n). I was kinda anxious. I hadn't really seen (y/n) in four years.

Four years.

We had done everything we could to try and find out what really happened all those years ago, but never found anything.

I glanced around the room. In the corner, I saw a security camera hanging on the wall. Looking at Roy, I saw he noticed it as well. He nodded to me, silently telling me he had it covered.

Suddenly, the door opened, causing our heads to snap in that direction. (y/n) stepped into the room, the door closing again behind her. A smile spread across her face when she saw us. She ran forward and wrapped her arms around me. I smiled and hugged her back. After a minute, she pulled away and hugged Roy. He gladly hugged her back since the two were almost like siblings.

"I can't believe you two are here," she said, looking at us. "When they told me I had visitors, I literally thought they were joking. I haven't seen anyone in months."

"We're glad to see you too, (y/n)," I said.

"So what's up? I mean, why are you guys here?"

"Can't we have a conversation with one of our best friends?" Roy asked. "We thought we would catch you up on what's been going on."

We sat down in the chairs provided and started to talk. (y/n) told us how she was doing here before we caught her up to date with what was going on. We told her of the new Team, along with the recent Reach invasion and event within the past year.

As we talked, I studied (y/n). She looked much more mature now that last time I saw her. Her hair was longer and braided down her back and her eyes still shone with kindness. She also appeared stronger, which was good to see. She wore an orange jumpsuit with a number on it and the sleeves were rolled up to her upper arms. One thing that kinda threw me off about her appearance were the few scars that she had on her face and arms.

I shook the thought from my head, though remembering to ask her about it later. Glancing at Roy, I nodded. He pulled a small object from his pocket. Keeping it concealed from view, he shot the small device inside at the wall.

"(y/n)," I said, making her look at me. "We have something incredibly important to tell you. It's about the United Nations incident." She nodded. "We've managed to get some intel telling us that you were framed."

Her eyes widened.

"What? How?"

"My wife, Cheshire," Roy said. "She's the one who helped me find the real Roy Harper. While I was trying to find him, I was also trying to help you. She had been trying to find any details about it and she finally did. When she found out, she had me find Dick and she told us."

"It turns out that Vandal Savage wanted you out of the picture, knowing that you could possibly affect the outcome of their secret invasion with the Reach. He had Klarion use his magic to make himself look like you. Klarion went to the United Nations building and used his magic to cause the explosion."

"So Savage had Klarion frame me to get me out of the way," (y/n) said. "Do we have any proof of this?"

"Not yet, no."

"So what are we going to do?"

"We're going to help you escape." Her eyes widened a bit in panic so I quickly added, "nobody can hear of our conversation right now. Don't worry."

She nodded.

"Dick, it impossible to escape from here. This prison is strong enough to hold Superman. And there are dozens of guards who would stop me."

"No necessarily," Roy said. He pulled three small chips out of his pocket, along with a bracelet. "These chips will deactivate the collars without notifying the main controls, allowing you to use your powers. The bracelet is similar to the Glamour Charm Artemis had during the invasion and will alter your appearance so others don't recognize you."

"But once I escape, everything goes into lockdown mode."

"You have the power to make things explode. Plus, don't you have a few frenemies in here that could help you?"

"I suppose so. So what do I do when I escape?"

"Find Cheshire. She's already got a lead on Savage and Klarion."

"And what about you two?"

"We'll be around in case you need backup," I said to her. "Don't worry."

She nodded and put the two items into her pocket.

"Any set time for this to go down?" (y/n) asked.

"Within the next day or so. Cheshire will be waiting both days for you at a cafe a few miles from here."

"Got it." She smiled. "Thank you so much, guys. Even though this will probably make me more wanted than I am now."

"Look at it this way. Once this is over, we'll have proof that you're innocent and you'll never have to see this place again."