|CHAPTER 1|

"C'mon Tia, our room is this way!" my best friend shouted as we exited the elevator to our floor.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I exclaimed dragging my luggage behind me as I ran to catch up to her.

We had recently bought our room a few days ago, and we were finally moving in. This had to be perfect, for Madeline and for me.

"Room 326!" We both shouted. Maddy hurriedly put the key into the door, opening the door into the apartment.

"Woah," I breathed in awe as I took in our apartment.

"This. Is. Awesome!" My best friend exclaimed happily.

We hurriedly made our ways into the bedroom and found two queen sized beds, with a bed table between the two, a zebra-like quilt, a huge open window, and with a small patio on the side.

A piercing scream erupted from Madeline dropping her luggage and jumping onto the bed.

"This one is mine." Madeline stated plopping down on the bed far from the window.

"This one's mine" I said mimicking Madeline and plopping down on the bed closer to the window. 

Chuckling lightly she threw herself onto the bed, relaxing into it. I turned towards her.

"I can't believe this is happening." I said smiling lightly at Madeline.

"I can't either," Madeline replied cracking a small smile and then closing her eyes.

"I'm gonna take a quick nap," Madeline said, settling into the covers.

"Alright"

Opening my luggage I started to unload my clothes, going into the walk-in closet and hanging my clothes. It was quick and easy since I didn't have many clothes. Retiring back to my bed I pulled out my laptop, I was going job hunting.

My last job was...well not that pleasant. I was determined the job I was going have will be, hopefully better, and I would be in an environment where I would feel safe and secure.

I had got my bachelor's in accounting and an associate degree in business administration. So the types of jobs I should be looking for is in some type of company. I wanted to start at a big company, you know? And I think I had the skills to get there.

Hmmm...there were several jobs open, just which one to choose. I continued scrolling looking for something that stood out to me.

Nothing. 

I grew suddenly tired and promised myself to go job hunting tomorrow. My stomach loudly growled. Looks like I have other plans now. Climbing out of my bed I walked to the kitchen to make dinner.

Looks like we're having spaghetti. I got out the ingredients and whipped them all into one pot, putting sauce in a separate pan.

Humming to myself, I danced around the kitchen, playing an imaginary tune in my head. Soon after, the spaghetti soon finished and I served myself, I was in serenity, the only sounds were me chewing. 

After I had finished, I washed my plate padding back to our room. Maddy was coming out the restroom.

I smiled lightly at her, "Hey Mad, I cooked spaghetti."

"Ok, thanks."

Nodding my head I grabbed my phone from the bedside table, heading to the table that led to the small patio. Closing the door behind me, I breathed the cool air that swept around me. Sitting on the chair I scrolled through my phone, lost in thought.

Turning my phone off for a moment I surveyed my surroundings. A small pool was in the middle of the patio.

I felt giddy with excitement. Tying my hair back into a bun, I rolled up my pants, dipping my legs into the ocean.

I gave a soft laugh, sweeping my legs through the water. Tilting my head back, I faced towards the sky. A soft smile made its way on my lips.

All of a sudden I had the feeling of being watched. 

My eyes immediately snapped towards the small condo that was directly opposing our apartment. 

The curtains to a window suddenly snapped closed quickly, where I'm guessing the person was watching me from.

Creepy.

An involuntary shudder came onto me. I quickly stood up shaking my leg dry as much as I could, walking back inside to our apartment. 

And I could have sworn, that when I closed the door to the patio, the same curtain to that window, flickered briefly and closed.

*

The next morning Maddy had gone to work at H&M, she is the leading fashion designer, and is paid wealthily. While I'm sitting here jobless, basically relying off her. And I hate relying off people.

So I went job hunting again. And this time I seemed to be successful.

COLLINS ENTERPRISES IS HIRING! LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL ASSISTANT!

Immediately I clicked apply and put every information that was asked, including my resume and credentials.

I unlocked my phone for the 1000th time and sighed. Maddy was still at work. I splayed my legs out on the sofa and stared up at the TV. It was displaying a commercial. I glanced at the clock for the hundredth time. It's not even two yet. 

My eyes drifted to my laptop that sat on the table beside me. A notification had popped up. 

Leaning forward to click it open it read:

Hello Ms. Diamond,

You have been approved for this job, but there is an additional step required for this selection process. There is an opening for an interview tomorrow, 7:00 a.m sharp. If you are not on time, consider yourself jobless before you even step through our doors.

Sincerely,

Secretary Amber Marie

Of Collins Enterprises

I squealed excitedly, I finally have a chance! Saying a quick prayer to God in thanks, I set my alarm for 5:00 p.m. I also got out an elegant black sheath dress, with a classic white shirt-collar and long sleeves.

Pic>>>

Feeling satisfied, I ordered a box of pepperoni, deciding it will be my dinner

The door rang moments later, I shouted, "I'm coming!" And hurriedly ran back to my room grabbing a $20 bill.

I opened the door to find a tall male, with green eyes smiling brightly at me, "Hi, how are you?" I asked.

"Great, here's your pizza." he said.

"Thanks," Handing him the $15 bill I gave a little wave before closing the door behind me.

Plopping down onto the couch I ate half of the pizza and left the rest for Maddy. She usually comes back late anyway, no use waiting up for her I retired back to my bed. Falling asleep in a short amount of time, I could hardly wait for tomorrow.

*

Next chapter coming up!

See you soon.

-Starlight87