|CHAPTER 23|

***NOT EDITED***

[RECAP]:

The doors bust open and I saw some firefighters standing in front of the elevator, immediately rushing over and pulling us to our feet.

"You guys are ok now." He hauled us out of the elevator and into the hands of a medic who was on scene.

I just need to check some things to make sure you are ok. I nodded and let her do her job. It was very quick and after she decided I was ok, she let me go, so I waited for Mr.Collins to finish.

I looked around and saw him with another medic similarly doing the same thing the other medic did to me.

I started to approach but then stayed behind and decided to sit on a lounge chair in the room. I looked again at Mr.Collins, and found him looking straight at me.

Oh boy.

What did I get myself into?

*

When we walked back to the hotel room, it was extremely awkward. I caught Mr. Collins occasional glances at me and then a deep frown etching across his face.

He suddenly hastened his pace and I quickly tried to follow along behind him, but not too close.

He soon stopped in front of our hotel room, lingering for a moment, and then inserted the keys inside the lock.

"Mr.Collins—" I started, but he shushed me with a raise of his hands.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight."

Wow that was harsh.

"But—"

"Goodnight." He said firmly, entering the door to the bathroom and slamming it shut.

I stood there for a moments, digesting what just happened.

Was it real?

I rubbed my hands over my bitten lips. Yes it was. I confirmed. I was almost so deep in thought that I didn't hear the faint  sounds coming from the bathroom, presuming he was taking a shower, I edged a bit closer.

Nearing, I heard the faint patter of water and grunts coming from the bathroom.

I slowly creeped towards the door, laying my ear against it. The grunting was getting louder and louder.

An evil thought etched in my mind,  and I brought my fist, not once, not twice, but three times against the door. I heard him mutter something and the grunting stopped, as well as the water.

I immediately bolted and threw myself under the covers of the bed. Snapping my eyes shut, I kept my breathing labored and even so he would assume I was sleeping.

I heard the door close and then a loud sigh. Pretending to yawn I stretched over onto my other side and faced Mr. Collins.

The next thing I knew I felt a something soft brush my face and I immediately flinched. The touch was soon gone and a I felt a soft sigh fan across my face. This immediately got all my senses aware and thinking.

What if I have something on my face? What if I look weird? What if—

I was interrupted by my own thoughts when I felt the soft touch again, instantly my body stilled and I knew it was Mr.Collins hand that was on my face. He traced his hand around my cheek, his thumb crossing my bottom lip and then retracting.

Then I felt a warm breath hover over the top of my head and a light kiss was pressed on my forehead.

Immediately a tingling sensation traveled through my body and my palms became sweaty.