|CHAPTER 4|

"Mr.Collins! What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you Ms.Diamond."

"I was just having a night out with my best friend. I was actually about to leave."

I saw his body go rigid for a moment before going before relaxing again.

"Already? Its barely 6 o'clock yet."

"Yeah but I just, I guess I just want to go home."

"I see. I assume you don't like parties?" he asked questioningly.

"Yeah, I guess."

"I bid you a goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight."

I had started to turn away when he reached out to grab my arm.

"You look beautiful by the way." He said.

"Thanks, goodnight."

I turned away as he stood there, and made my way to Madeline's car, but he didn't leave until several moments later.

*

"I'm sorry."

"You left me alone for almost an hour just because you were looking for drinks!" I shouted.

"I know, I met up with someone on the way back, and I guess I caught up in the moment."

"You certainly did." I muttered.

"I'm sorry." she said again.

"Stop apologizing, I forgive you." Giving her a small smile I looked out the window, just ready to get away from this party.

We rode back home in silence. Exiting her car, I bid her a quick goodnight, rushed into our apartment, stripped of my clothes, and went to sleep.

*

I woke up in the morning with Maddy gone, as usual, and immediately went to go to the shower and brushed my teeth.

I had dressed in a simple white buttoned shirt, blue dress pants, paired with a blue blazer. Running my hand through the material of the clothing, I took one last look in the mirror and headed out the room, grabbing my purse and phone on the way.

Stopping by the kitchen I grabbed a breakfast bar and headed out the door. I took a quick glance at the time.

6:45 a.m.

Perfect, I had enough time.

I got there in record time, 5 minutes, with barely any traffic.

I nodded to the receptionist lady and went straight into the elevator, pressing 54.

The door closed and I was left with my own thoughts.

I reached the 54th floor and almost immediately got bombarded by a lady.

"Are you Tiara Diamonds?" she snobbily asked.

"Yes."

"Follow me." she turned and started walking showing me the rooms, which one is which.

"This is the boss room, and you're right across from his office."

Opening the door with a key she pushed it open, handing me the key and was off with a quick, "Good luck."

I stepped inside the room in awe.

In the middle of the room lay the my desk, along with a computer, chair, telephone. I turned around and saw a multitude of cabinets, some already labeled, and my own bathroom.