|CHAPTER 20|

First of all I sincerely apologize to every single one of you guys right now because I am not updating as I used to or as much to my ability.

So please find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Moving on from that...

As many of you guys know, a former president, George H.W Bush, has recently passed away.

He was a great president, leader and father. May he rest in peace.

And on to a much lighter note...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.1K VOTES AND COUNTING! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Hope you enjoy this chapter :)

***NOT EDITED***

[RECAP]:

"Because, we are in Venice. Sbrigati! Faremo tardi."

"What?"

He rolled his eyes in response and shut the door.

Damn him.

*

Gosh what was taking her so damn long!

I glanced at my phone, checking to see if we were on schedule.

9:23 AM

Quickly shoving my phone into my pocket, I strode down the aisle to collect my luggage.

The pilot immediately approached me and thanked me. I nodded and him gave him a check I had written earlier.

As I left the plane I could hear sounds of the man weeping in what sounded like rejoice.

"Thanks Mr. Sir Collins! God bless you!" he shouted after me.

I made no comment and simply put on my Armani shades and shoved my hands into my pockets.

This is what happens when you give someone ten thousand dollars. Small change for me, big money for others.

I approached the security guard standing by my awaiting car.

"Is everything ready?" I asked.

"Yes sir." he replied.

"Good." I rounded the car to put my luggage into the back and slammed the door shut behind me.

"Let's go." I told my driver.

"But sir-Ms.Dia"

"Let's go." I said, my tone firm.

The car jolted out of parking position only to stop suddenly.

"What is it?" Furious, I ripped off my shades and looked out the window.

Of course. Who else would it be?

Ms.Diamond.

She frantically waved outside the window, and motioned to the car.

A few seconds passed and I assumed my driver was still waiting for my call. Feeling stubborn I decided to wait a little longer before I said, "Open."

A click sounded and Ms. Diamond opened the car door fuming, but I can see she was trying to keep it inside.

"Could you be a little patient while I put my luggage in the car. Thank you."

She slammed the door shut behind her, without even waiting for my reply.

Women I tell you.

Another slam ensued as she put her luggage in the back. I clenched my fists so as to not get angry and turned my attention to my phone screen.

As I heard Ms.Diamond enter the car she entered slowly at first then she changed her mind and sat at the passenger's seat.

I forgot that I had allowed Jeff to come with us.

"Jeff!" I heard her squeal. She leaned over to give him a warm hug.

"I missed you! How are you?" I heard her ask.

"I'm doing fine ma'am, but I won't be if I don't start driving." he replied.

"You're right," I butted in, "Now get to it."

I caught Ms. Diamond glare at me and looked down at my cellphone, having no time for her petty remarks and attitude.

"Where are we even going?" I heard her ask.

"Nowhere. Put your seat belt on." I said.

"Yes sir." she said.

"Good girl." I replied back.

She scowled at me then started conversing with Jeff.

The next thing I knew, I heard Jeff say, "We're here."

"Finally." I muttered.

I quickly exited the car and retrieved my luggage from the back. I hauled my luggage after me and up the stairway.

"Want me to get that for you sir?" I heard Jeff call.

I turned and found him standing next to Ms. Diamond. I quickly turned away and uttered a harsh "No."

I didn't miss the confused expression on Ms. Diamond's face.

Good.

But I couldn't understand why I was wondering about what she was thinking.

"Mr.Collins!" I heard Ms. Diamond yell.

Speak of the devil.

I groaned and hurried inside the hotel.

"Mr.Collins! Sir!" She called again.

I stopped and turned to face her but saw her crash into me from behind.

"Owwww!" She muttered.

"Are you okay?" I asked mildly concerned.

"Yeah I think so." she said rubbing her head a bit.

"Good, now hurry up, we don't have all day!"

I grabbed her arm and hauled her to the receptionist desk.

"I already booked a room under my name." I told the lady.

The lady stared at me wide-eyed before punching in some numbers and handing me my key.

"Enjoy your stay sir."

"Of course."

I pushed Ms. Diamond forward and into the elevator. She immediately distanced herself from me and I couldn't help but frown.

Did I do anything wrong?

I adjusted my suit and clamped my hands together in front of me.

I pressed the button to go to the 7th floor.

It was quiet, too quiet, I could tell something was wrong.

I watched the numbers on the elevator climb until it stopped on the 5th floor.

"Oh no. Not again."

And the lights went out.

*

Sorry guys this chapter was a bit choppy and short but I'll go back and update with a longer part. Don't worry the wait will be worth it! It's been hard to update because we're on vacation and where we are we barely have internet connection, hope you enjoyed this chapter and...

This chapter is dedicated MrsJC84 I'm sure you know why ;)

And to all my readers out there...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year :)