1

THE FIRST DAY ON UNC FEELS rushed with excitement. I'm standing in front of the mirror, and I am nervous. Peter sent me a text saying everything would be okay, and everyone would love me. But I am not sure about that—this is college—this is different.
I'm wearing a black long sleeve shirt (At Margot's suggestion.) and a soft poppy skirt that hits my knees and long socks to match. My hair is pinned to the side. I miss Kitty's braids, but I can't drive home everyday for one. And of course, UNC doesn't let freshmen have a car.

You'll do great, I love you.

Peter writes, and I can't help but smile. We spent most of August together when I came back from Korea. We went to the movies a couple of times, and we took Kitty out because I was still feeling guilty about our night out on the lake. I look in the mirror again, okay Lara Jean, this is your moment. I say to myself as I'm about to leave the dorm room. My roommate is still asleep, maybe she has classes later. I'm not sure, I don't want to bother either.

My first class is English Literature, I feel like this is a great start. Books have always been a passion to me. Specially the work of JK Rowling, so this would be easy peasy.
Second period doesn't start until an hour so I'm walking around campus, expanding my horizons. I can't lie, I miss Peter to be close by, but I know how much Lacrosse means to him, and I wasn't going to break his dreams. Chris had sent me so many things from Dominican Republic, like post cards from the Caribbean sea, palm trees everywhere and of course pictures of her with some weird drink in hand. I'm happy she's enjoying herself there.
Margot left to Scotland right on the bag. We arrived the airport at Seoul and we divided our destinies there. Kitty, Grandma and I back to Virginia and she towards Scotland. I bet she wanted to see Ravi, as much as I wanted to see Peter.
My phone buzzes and it's Peter, a smile appears on my lips as I answer.
"Hello Peter K." I say, I can feel him smile on the other end. "Funny as always, Covey." He says. "How's my girl?"
"Been good, first class was nice, the professor loves Harry Potter so I'm safe."
"That's great."
"Yes, how about you?" I ask as I sit on the bench I sat the night I came with Chris. I look up and there's the branches tangling with each other. "Well, so far so good." He says, "I miss you Lara Jean."
"I miss you too Peter." And is true, I want to see him, to hug him and smell the familiar scent of him, and kiss his warm lips.
"When are we going to see each other again, Covey?" His question takes me by surprise. Is a Monday, and the weekend is ages from today. I feel my cheeks heating. "I don't know Peter. On the weekend, maybe? I'm planning on going home. We could do something."
"Sounds like a plan."
I smile again. "I love you." I say softly, "I love you too." He breathes.
"Is everything okay, Peter?" I ask. He's usually confident and snarky, I get that we're far apart, but is only been like two days. If he feels this way in a short time, I'm not sure how he would feel when its been more time.
"Why don't you tell me." He says.
"I like the shirt you're wearing, black suits you."
"Yes, Margot picked it up–" wait. "Peter?"
"Yes?" I can sense a smile on him.
"How do you know what I'm wearing?"
Theres a momentous silence, It's only a second but it feels like forever.
"Look upfront." He says, and I do. There he is, dress in a UVA blue sweatshirt, he's smiling, in his hand he has a large bouquet of roses. "Are you going to make me walk all that way, Covey?"
I don't answer, I just rush towards him, I see him open his arms as I collide with him. He picks me up and spins me and kisses me. Then it hits me. "Wait. What are you doing here?" I ask nervously.
"I just wanted to surprise you." He says looking into my eyes. He kisses my forehead. "I missed you." He said softly.
"I missed you too, Peter. I thought you had classes."
"I do, but not until later. Don't worry, I've calculated everything. It takes three hours and a half to get here, so I mounted the bus here, that takes a faster way, and I'm taking it back in a few. I just really wanted to be here with you in your first day." I can't help to smile, he's just perfect.

*THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING*