15

I WAKE UP WITH MY PHONE RINGING, the sound of a ballad shakes my dreams of being Ms. Covey-Kavinsky.
"Hello?" I say as I Yawn. There's light filtering through the window blinds. Dust particles floating in the air.
"Lara Jean? Good morning." A hoarse voice comes from the other end.
"Who's this?"
"Is Kenny, Kenny from camp." I jolt wide awake. "Hi, merry Christmas." I hear him. His voice is waaaaay deeper than I remember. But of course, voices sound different on the phone. "Hello?" I have been silent this entire time.
"Yes yes, hi. Happy Christmas." I say, this is strange and I don't like it. I should hang up, but I don't want to be rude.

"Listen, I know I should've just wait for you to answer the text messages but I really wanted to see if you wanted to spend Christmas with me and my family. I kinda told mom that we re-kindled and now she thinks we're dating." Oh-goodness-gracious-have-mercy-on-my-soul. This can't be happening. 

"Kenny I-" 

"I know, but I told her, yet she insists that you come. My uncle also wants to see you. Said you were one of his favorite campers." He sounds out of breath from speaking too fast, and I'm almost too dizzy to reply. "So, is that a yes?" My phone vibrates on my ear and I look at the screen, and my world is upside down. 

PETER♥: Merry Christmas Lara Jean, today will be the best day. I'm on my way to pick you up.

"Lara Jean are you there?" Kenny asks. 

"Yes," But before I could explain further Kenny had hung up. Oh no, oh God. I go to the messages. And he did write a lot. In them he explains everything he told me. I see three moving three dots as he types. 

Kenny: Thanks for doing this. I'll be by your home soon.☻ I sigh and crash  back on the pillows. Why is this happening to me? I decide to type him the reasons why he shouldn't come and why this must be put to an end. 

"Lara Jean come help me with breakfast, Daddy is going to burn the house." Kitty screams, and I jump out of bed. This is going to be a long day. 

AFTER I HAD BREAKFAST DONE AND was ready for the day, Peter knocked on the door. I knew it was him, he had a way of knocking that told me. I ran towards the door exited to finally see him. He was standing in red and white pajamas, and a Christmas hat, a pair of fluffy sandals on his feet. 

"Peter?" I said, "Are you okay?" 

"Yes love, why wouldn't I be okay." He took his sandals and entered the house and turned to me. He smiled and then kissed me. He tasted sweet, like he had some coffee before he came home. His arms wrapped around me, the heat from his body traveled to mine. "I love you." He said when the kiss was broken. "And today we have so many things to do." He said with excitement. He ran to where Kitty was, these two really were great friends. I laughed as he jumped up and down to the kitchen. "Come on Lara Jean," He called as the door knocked. 

"I'll be there in a minute." I said as I turned to answer the door. shit. 

"Good morning Lara Jean, are you ready to go?" Kenny smiled as he stood with his denim jean jacket and pristine polo shirt, his hair perfectly combed and his lips curled into a smile. 

"Kenny, I told you I can't." I whispered, I couldn't even formulate words. 

"Who's this Lara Jean?" I turned to see Peter standing by the stairs with Kitty on his back. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

NEW UPDATE: Hello, sorry it took me literary forever to update this story. But life is happening so yeah. Imma try my best to update a little more. I've received your feedback and I'm so glad you like the story. It is far from over so I really hope you still have interest in what's to come.