7

NIGHT CAME AND I'M STARING at my phone. How can I do this? I need to do this, Peter won't mind, would he? I'm sure he won't. So why can't I call him?
I dial his phone fast before I stop myself. The line rings, once, twice.

"Hey Covey, been avoiding me?" He says in the usual joker kind of way he speaks.
"Well, in a way. I have my reasons." I say, "but they're not bad things."
"I'm listening."
"Well, first I wrote you a letter,"
"Another one?" He interrupts me.
"Yeah, is in the contract." I say and smile, "and I wanted you to read it before I called, but I bet is not in your hands yet."
"Nope, is not. But that was nice of you." I can hear his grin, "you know I love your letters."

This is the time. "Speaking of letters, I ran into Kenny, the one I wrote a letter too but never got it."
"Ah, that's nice. God, I miss you Covey." He took it fine. Of course he would, he's Peter.
"I miss you too Kavinsky." I really do, and it's driving me mad. "Why don't you come tomorrow for me? Is the last day before the break."
"Deal! I need to see you already."
"I love you."
"I love you too, my Lara Jean Song Covey." His words are sweet and caramel topped. The kind of that embrace you in their arms and hug you until your breath gets caught.