Father

The wind danced around Edward as he trekked through the muddy road leading to the homunculus' hideout. The sky cried in agony, it's tears pelting his coat. Ed half wished that he had someone to back them up but he knew it would never work out. It was his business only because it was his fault Alphonse's soul was stuck in a suit of armour. His fault his leg and arm was missing. His fault their lives were ruined. He would make up for it. He would bring back the Box of Sorrow.  Alone. There was no need for another life to be lost... like Lieutenant Hugh's. Ed shook his head to clear his mind and looked up. A dark alleyway stood in front of him with one door in the middle of it. The door looked weathered down and next to it was, though it was hard to make out, a number 3. 3 Boswelton st. This was it. He reached out and opened the creaking door. Inside was a dark, spiralling stairway leading down. Ed reached into his pocket, wishing he had a source of light. Sighing, he made his way down the stairs.

After what seemed like an eternity, Edward saw a blotch of light in the distance. New hope urged him to keep going. Practically running now, he slipped on some moss and the whole world went horizontal as he slid down the stairs, landing with a bump on the floor. He stood up, rubbing his behind. It wasn't the best slide he had been on.
Looking up, he saw an archway leading to a large room and in the middle of it was a throne-like chair. Sitting in the chair was a man who looked a lot like Hohenheim. That fact really ticked Ed off.
"Hm... you must be a son of Hohenheim", said the man.
"Yeah. So what", replied Edward, a hint of annoyance in his voice.
"Then that would mean you are here for the Box of Sorrow."
Ed nodded his head slowly.
"Where is the other one? Your brother?"
"He, um, didn't want to come."
"Oh? I see. Come closer boy. I do not like having to shout across this room."
Ed walked forwards cautiously, inspecting the room at the same time. Large and small pipes ran along the walls and the floor to connect to the chair in the middle. The walls curved so that the room became kind of dome like. But other than those things, the room was simple and empty.

When Edward finally was in front of the man, his hand was clenched and sweat oozed out of every pore. The man's eyes said utter power and dominance. Although Ed would be embarrassed to admit it, that fact scared him.
"You may call me Father. After all, that is what the humunculus call me", said the man, breaking the awkward silence.
"So you're the 'Father' guy they were talking about..."
The man said nothing.
"Since you are here alone, I suppose that you want to take the Box of Sorrows back with you."
This time, it was Ed's turn to say nothing.
"Unfortunately for you, I cannot allow that to happen. You are not trustworthy enough. Therefore, I must confine you here until your brother comes. Then you shall get your bodies back, your brother will be all safe and sound and you will be staying with me. Sound good?"
"Do you promise that you will let Al go free?"
"Of course. I am a man of my word. That is, if he leaves in peace."
"What will happen if he doesn't?"
"Then this will happen to him", said Father, clapping his hands twice.
Ed looked around confused. Nothing happened. Then hands grabbed him from behind, pulling him back and pushing him on the floor. The last thing he saw was the roof of the room before he tumbled into darkness.