Searching

When Alphonse woke up, he was almost scared half to death. Edward was not in his room when Al had barged in to say good morning. Still searching his brother's room, Al then heard a gust of wind enter the room. It was at that moment that he knew how Ed had escaped; through the open window with the obvious rope of cloth hanging from it. Ed had gone to meet the homunculus. That idiot, he thought, I have to find him as soon as possible, before he gets himself into trouble. Determined to bring his brother back, Al quickly strode out of the room to inform Mustang.

Knock, knock, knock!  "Come in", yelled a voice from inside the office. Alphonse opened the door and stepped in. Colonel Mustang sat in his chair, staring at some documents while Lieutenant Hawkeye stood almost motionless next to him, holding more documents. Mustang looked up and gestured for Al to come closer to him. 

"What is it this time?" queried Mustang, not looking particularly interested.

"My brother has gone missing. I think he sneaked out last night to see the homunculus about the letter they sent", replied Alphonse.

"What?" commanded the colonel, suddenly alert, "Fullmetal did what? That idiot, does he want to die? I told him not to go! We need to send reinforcements immediately. The homunculus are like nothing which we have ever faced before so we need to be cautious."

"No, sir, I think we should be smarter about this. The homunculus is not only physically strong, but they are also quite sly. I think we should come up with a plan before we make any move."

Mustang was quiet for a moment, silently considering the risks.

"Okay. This is the most you have said to me in a while so, what are you thinking?"

"So, this is my plan of action", said Al, leaning towards Mustang to whisper his plan to him. As Alphonse spoke, Colonel Mustang's face got grimmer and grimmer.

"Do you really think this will work? This plan requires us to make too many gambles and take too many risks."

"I know, but it's the best shot we've got unless you think of something better. Just, please consider it."

The colonel nodded and swiftly jerked his head to the door, signalling to Al that their time was over. Reluctantly, Alphonse walked out of the room, only hoping that his plan will be put into action. Maybe it was just a brotherly instinct, but he knew that his brother was in danger and that he needed help.