Percy

As Percy drove home he could feel the blood still dripping from his shoulder and felt bad for his mom's car. He had a little bit of ambrosia in the car, so he was okay but the ambrosia wasn't enough to heal the wound perfectly. He hoped he would have more home, lately, he had used ambrosia almost twice a week.

He was grumpy, his favorite shoes were ruined and he left them to the park because he knew the blood wouldn't have come off.  His shoulder was aching and he was a little bit dizzy. 

As Percy came inside his mom was eating in the kitchen. Percy tried to sneak past her so she couldn't see his shoulder but Percy's mom always knew if something was up. She was cleaning Percy's wound before he could even say anything. 

"We don't have any more ambrosia left, you ate the last one two days ago", she said as she poured something to Percy's shoulder that hurt like hell. Percy tried to convince his mom that he was okay, but it was hard when he had a huge wound on his shoulder that was still bleeding.

The next day Percy didn't feel like going to school, but because he had promised his mom he would try to fit in and not get kicked out, he had to go. He had a big bandage wrapped around his shoulder and it was almost invisible under his hoodie. He was still feeling a bit weak from the blood loss. While walking through the halls he kept his head low as always, because he didn't want to attract anyone's attention. He had come to the conclusion that it was the best way to stay out of trouble. 

Normally when coming to new school, there would always be some people who felt threatened by his presence. He didn't try to be intimidating but somehow he always managed to get unwanted attention. He was used to people picking on him but he didn't let them bully him, well at least no one had the guts to bully him. When people went too far, he would just look at them and they would stop. Not being intimidating and all you know.

There was one problem with him being isolated from other people. He didn't really meet anyone. And that of course was probably one reason why he hadn't met his soulmate yet. It wasn't enough if you just saw your soulmate, in fact, you had to first connect with the person, and then you would possibly get the rest of the soulmate tattoo. Some people have met people with the same name as their soulmate's but it would be the wrong person. So it wasn't as easy to find one's soulmate as it sounds. In some very rare cases, the name would even change. Nothing was 100% sure. 

The day went by pretty fast and Percy was grateful he didn't have to talk to anybody. No one confronted him the whole day and when he walked out of the building he felt like a winner.

"Hold up! New boy!"

Percy tried to walk faster. He was so close to getting out without any nasty conversations. He heard footsteps approaching but he tried to ignore it. 

"Hey, did you hear me?"

It was the girl Percy had saved a few days ago. Finally, Percy stopped and looked up. The girl stood in front of him and tucked her blonde hair behind her ear. Percy didn't feel like talking and gave the girl his best look that made even the toughest boys back off. But the girl just stared back her eyes storming with annoyance. When Percy's stare didn't work he got almost mad.

"Sorry, busy", he said and walked past the girl and to the street. The girl didn't give up so easily and followed him.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk. You don't have to be rude or anything you know." The girl didn't sound hurt she sounded almost amused and that just made Percy angrier. Why couldn't she just leave him alone? 

He spread his arms with frustration and regretted it immediately. He felt the cut on his shoulder to start bleeding again. "What do you want? I'm going somewhere." Percy tried to sound though but even he heard himself and how pathetic he sounded. 

"I just thought you might need a friend. And I don't even know your name. You saved me after all, remember? I'm Annabeth Chase and I think you could try to be a bit nicer." 

The girl, Annabeth, was not going to leave Percy alone, so he turned into an alley and stopped there. The alley was a dead end with thrash cans on both sides. The girl looked pleased when Percy had stopped but Percy had only one thing on his mind. How to get away without being a complete ass.

The girl was about to say something but stopped and glanced at his shoulder. "Are you bleeding? Are you okay?" 

Percy's hand automatically went to the cut and he realized his grey hoodie was also soaked in blood. He cursed and tried to cover the cut with his hand. "I'm fine. It's an old cut", Percy started to turn away when he saw something that didn't look promising. On the other end of the alley stood cyclops and it stared at them with a nasty smile. Percy cursed in Greek and stepped in front of the girl. He heard the girl gasp as well, probably because of his weird behavior. 

"You should leave now," Percy said to the girl and tried to push her back while uncapping his riptide. He trusted the mist would cover it. He felt the girl back away and sighed. He was not in a shape for battle. He felt the cut really open again and made a note to get more ambrosia asap. The cyclops was coming at Percy and he prepared himself for a collision. Then he charged towards the monster. 

He jumped, so he could kick the cyclops to the chest, but the cyclops was extremely tall and Percy was feeling weak. He hit the cyclops to its stomach and luckily the kick was hard enough to give Percy a little bit more time. He stabbed the cyclops to its arm and it roared angrily. Percy dodged a hit but then felt how the cyclops' foot hit his stomach and he flew backwards into a wall. He felt the bricks scratch his back when he fell to the ground. He gasped and tried to get up only to find himself back on the ground with his head spinning. The cyclops approached slowly.

From the right, Percy heard a curse word and the next thing he knew, someone was attacking the monster. Clearly, the cyclops wasn't prepared for another attacker, because that someone managed to stab it to its lower back. Percy saw someone with long blonde hair attacking the monster again and this time it was ready and fought back. Percy stood up and managed to stay up this time. He grabbed his riptide and tried to help the mysterious attacker. He stabbed the monster to its thigh as the other person climbed to its back and then stabbed its chest. The monster stopped and stared for a second before vanishing.

Percy felt incredibly dizzy and he couldn't see very well. He tried to see who was the mysterious helper. Right before he passed out he saw the girl, Annabeth, swiping her hair off her face and looking concerned. Then everything went black.