Annabeth

So Percy was amazing. He was extremely sweet, kind and thoughtful and seemed to really care about what Annabeth was thinking. Annabeth had read dozens of books about finding your soulmate and how soulmates bond extremely fast and can completely skip the awkward friend phase, but Annabeth had never thought that she would be one of those people as well. But there she was, feeling like they had known each other forever.

Annabeth gave Percy a tour around her favorite spots starting from the park and her favorite bench and ending at the beach. When they came to the shore Percy seemed to get more excited. Annabeth figured that would have something to do with the fact he was the son of Poseidon.

Percy grinned and took Annabeth's hand and Annabeth blushed a bit.

"Now it's my turn to show you something", he said and started to pull Annabeth towards the water. 

Annabeth stopped before her shoes touched the water. "I'm definitely not going there with my clothes on!"

Percy chuckled and tried to keep a straight face. "Don't you think I know what I'm doing?"

Annabeth blushed even more but let Percy walk her to the water. The sun was setting and there were rather few people on the beach and they all seemed to be taking off. So there was no one to pay attention to the two teenagers walking into the water with their clothes on.

Annabeth gasped when she found her shoes still dry as they walked deeper. When the water was about to her waist she smiled with amazement and Percy looked happy with himself. They were both completely dry as they stopped for a second to watch the sunset.

"Told you I know what I'm doing", Percy had an unreadable face and he looked at Annabeth with so much passion she had to turn her face away. 

Then Percy started to walk deeper pulling Annabeth with him. Then his head disappeared under water and Annabeth was left alone on the surface. She knew Percy was waiting for her to dive as well but her sense of sanity told her that would be just stupid. But still, Annabeth couldn't resist the urge to dive and see Percy's world. 

Annabeth found a little bubble of air around her head and took a surprised breath. Percy was smirking below her and took her hand.

"Come, I want to show you my favorite place."

Annabeth felt the water pushing her forward and relaxed as they went deeper. Finally, they stopped. They were standing in the bottom of the sea and there was sand everywhere she looked. It was beautiful and calm. Annabeth was amazed by the beauty of something so simple. She smiled a little and turned to tell Percy how much she loved it. Percy was standing next to Annabeth and stared at her so intensely that she had to look away again. 

"It's beautiful", she said and looked anywhere else but Percy.

Percy didn't answer and Annabeth glanced at him again. When their eyes met, Annabeth found herself unable to look away. Percy stepped closer his eyes fixated on Annabeth's and took her hand. His face was so close that Annabeth could feel his breath on her face. They were basically breathing the same air as Percy wrapped his hand around Annabeth's waist pulling her closer. Annabeth's breathing quickened and she parted her lips just a little bit. Before she could do anything, she felt Percy's lips against her, first carefully, but then more eagerly. She answered the kiss and wrapped her hand around Percy's neck pulling him even closer. 

He smelled like the ocean, and his lips were soft. Annabeth felt like she was drowning even though she was still breathing. She ran her hands through his hair and he held her tightly. Finally, Annabeth had to pull away to catch her breath. Percy's eyes were full of emotions as he watched carefully Annabeth's reaction. She smiled shyly and kissed him briefly before taking a step back to be able to look at Percy. He didn't let go of Annabeth's waist but Annabeth didn't mind. 

"I think this might be one hell of a story to tell", she laughed when she remembered that she was still underwater. Percy smirked. 

They stayed there for a while, just enjoying each other's company, not bothered by the setting sun and darkness that came with it.