Annabeth

The boy passed out and Annabeth caught him right before he hit his head on the ground. This boy was clearly a demigod, no doubt. But still, Annabeth felt extremely suspicious. Maybe it was just an instinct not to trust anybody but what were the odds to meeting another demigod by accident? 

The boy was bleeding. His shoulder was bleeding heavily but Annabeth figured it must have been an old cut because it had been bleeding before the attack. He had also cuts on arms and one big on the back of his head. Annabeth didn't know where to start. She knew she couldn't leave him there but it was quite hard to move unconscious teenage boy. Finally, she decided she had no choice and luckily she knew just the right guy to help her out. 

There was one taxi driver in the city who knew about the demigod world. He wasn't a demigod himself but he was always ready to help. So Annabeth used her phone, which was extremely dangerous, to call this guy. After only fifteen minutes he pulled to the alley and helped Annabeth to lift the boy to the cab. Annabeth sat in the backseat while the boy lay with his head on Annabeth's lap. She was doing her best stopping the bleeding from the cuts as the guy drove them to Annabeth's house. 

They carried the boy to Annabeth's couch since her parents weren't home. The taxi driver left without asking any more questions and Annabeth grabbed some ambrosia and the first aid kit. 

She put a little bit of ambrosia to the boy's mouth hoping he wouldn't choke on it. Then she started cleaning the cuts starting from the one on his shoulder. She was used to this as she had fought many battles. First, she cut the hoodie a little bit so she could see the wound better, removed the old bandages and cleaned the wound as well as she could. Then she wrapped it again and moved to the cut on his head. It wasn't as bad as it seemed at first so she was able to stop the bleeding from there completely. Then she just wiped the little cuts on his arms and made sure the boy was laying comfortably.

As she was in the laundry room putting her bloody clothes in a washing machine she felt suddenly a bit dizzy. She grabbed the counter as she felt her pulse rushing. She breathed heavily while pictures of her friends and siblings flashed through her mind. Her best friend from camp. Stabbed. Her siblings. Killed. Then as fast as it started, it stopped. She felt warm tears running on her face. 

This happened almost everytime after she was in a fight. Especially if someone was hurt. It brought back all the memories she had from previous fights where she had lost friends. 

She shook her head and returned to the living room to check if the boy was still breathing. She placed two fingers on his neck and checked his pulse. It was steady and strong and while Annabeth felt her own pulse rushing way too fast it helped her calm down when she just focused on the boy's heartbeat. She sat on the couch very long time. She was getting worried that the boy was not waking up, but right when she started to consider throwing ice water on him, he opened his eyes. 

The moment Annabeth saw the boys eyes move she took her hand off his neck and stood up. Normally when demigods woke up after a battle they would be startled and she didn't know how dangerous this boy was. Just as she anticipated, the boy sat up really quickly and suddenly he had a sword in his hand. He was turning his head quickly, analyzing all the possible dangers. Then his eyes stopped on Annabeth and he froze. Then he looked at his sword and back to Annabeth, who was standing her hands raised and eyes locked on the sword. She was ready to act and had her dagger (dangerously) in her back pocket. For a moment they both were very still and the only thing they could hear was their fast breathing. Then the boy did something very fast and the sword disappeared and he tried to probably look not so dangerous. Annabeth didn't move an inch and she waited for the boy really relax before speaking. 

"How are you feeling?" Annabeth asked while slowly lowering her hands. The boy looked very confused. Annabeth placed a glass of water and a piece of ambrosia on the table while still having her eyes locked in the boy's eyes. She wouldn't give him any chance to surprise her. The boy reached for the water but then stopped suspiciously. 

"Don't worry, I haven't poisoned it or anything", Annabeth tried to sound assuring but completely understood the fear in the boy's eyes. "You should probably eat the ambrosia too, you have a nasty cut on your shoulder", she continued and sat to the other side of the couch as far from the boy as possible. Her hand closed around her dagger. Finally, the boy took the water and drank it all. He looked the piece of ambrosia for a while and finally decided that the aching on his shoulder was worse than the fear of being poisoned. 

Annabeth and the boy were still staring each other. Suspiciously and ready to act. Annabeth had her right hand behind her and she was gripping her dagger. She didn't trust this boy and his behavior wasn't assuring her that she shouldn't be afraid of him. The boy saw her hand behind her back.

"What do you have there?" He asked and took a pen out of his pocket. Something told Annabeth that the pen was the sword and she shouldn't take any chances. Slowly, she pulled her hand from behind her back and showed him her dagger. The moment the boy saw her pulling something sharp behind her he had Annabeth pinned on the couch under him with his sword on her throat.

Annabeth's heart was pounding but her head was clear. She knew that the boy acted probably only because of his reflexes. She knew that the boy was still so weak she could fight herself out of the situation but she knew it wouldn't do any good. So she just dropped her dagger and showed her empty hands while the boy was on her with almost all his body weight. 

He was extremely close and Annabeth could feel his heart pounding. "You are just gonna make your cuts bleed again", Annabeth said while trying to sound calm. "Don't you think I would have killed you already if I wanted?" 

The boy relaxed a little bit, and when he did it Annabeth saw his eyes roll back a little bit. Annabeth knew he would pass out if he didn't relax. Luckily, the boy pulled away and leaned back. 

"Where am I", his eyes wandered around trying to figure out if he was in danger. 

"At my place, you passed out on that alley."

"Passed out? That's not like me." The boy tried to stand up but fell down almost immediately. Annabeth had to grab his shoulders and press him back down. 

"You should take it easy now, you lost a lot of blood and I assume you have lost some before. Because of that cut", Annabeth pointed the boy's shoulder and he automatically tried to cover it. "Sorry about your hoodie, I had to cut it so I could take care of that wound."

The boy managed to smile a little bit. "Thanks. Are we even now?"

"I think we are even", Annabeth laughed. "Could you possibly now tell me your name?"

"It's Percy", the boy felt the back of his head and flinched.