Percy

Annabeth didn't have a symbol next to Percy's name. The moment Percy was left alone, he rushed to the bathroom and checked his back. No name. Nothing. He was confused as he didn't come up with any good reason for the name not appear. If saving one's life wasn't enough connection then what was?

During the night, Annabeth woke Percy up a few times. He was feeling a lot better than before when he finally woke up at 4 am. He wasn't tired at all and couldn't stop thinking about Annabeth and her soulmate. She was nice, but Percy couldn't imagine himself being her soulmate, even if Perseus Jackson was a rare name. Still, his symbol was an owl, the symbol of Athena, the symbol of Annabeth's mom. There was no way they weren't soulmates. But as Percy thought about it more, he came to the conclusion he couldn't do anything to speed up the process of them getting their tattoos completed. After all, what could he say?

So he didn't plan on falling asleep next to Annabeth. But the next morning when they woke up he found himself leaning against Annabeth and Annabeth having her arms around him. As soon as he woke up he sat up. Too quickly, as he felt dizzy. Annabeth mumbled something in her sleep and Percy stood up slowly.

She was pretty when she was sleeping. Her normally restless face was smooth and calm and she was breathing slowly.

Percy wandered to the kitchen and decided to make breakfast as a thank you. After a while, the apartment was filled with the smell of eggs and pancakes. Annabeth appeared in the kitchen, wearing only an oversized t-shirt and (probably) some extremely short shorts as he couldn't see them. Percy noticed she had left her dagger in the living room.

"You're making food?" She asked sleepily but surprised.

"Yeah, I thought you wouldn't mind. I wanted to thank you for taking care of me", Percy gave a shy smile and Annabeth smiled back.

Percy was proud of his cooking skills. The food was good and Annabeth seemed to like it.

"So", Annabeth pointed a fork at him, "you have a camp in Long Island, huh?"

Percy nodded. "Yeah, I have spent there quite many summers now. How about your camp?"

Annabeth's smile faded. "It's right outside the city." That was all she said and Percy didn't ask more.

"So... How's school?" He tried to change the subject.

"It's actually fine considering ADHD and dyslexia", Annabeth smiled again. "I have a lot of self-discipline."

Percy was surprised, normally demigods couldn't concentrate long enough to really succeed in school.

The day went by fast as they talked about everything they could think of. Annabeth was funny, smart and simply a badass. It was around 5 pm when Percy realized he could go home if he wanted. The thing was, he didn't really want. He hated being alone.

"So...", Percy wandered to the kitchen where Annabeth was making something that smelled amazing. "I should go home tonight or?" He didn't want to sound too eager to stay but didn't want to go anywhere. Annabeth was quiet for a while and stirred the soup.

"I mean, you had quite a big hit I'm not sure if it's good to let you go alone", she finally said and suddenly the soup was really interesting. Percy smiled a little.

"Yeah, I agree, I don't feel that good."

Annabeth grinned and placed the soup on the table.

In the evening Percy and Annabeth were sitting on the couch again and watched the second season of friends. When it was closer to midnight they finally went to bed. Percy was exhausted and fell asleep almost immediately.

In his sleep, he was flying. And that normally meant that something bad was going to happen since he didn't like flying. He saw New York under him and suddenly it changed to the Skyview of San Fransisco. He saw Annabeth holding someone in her arms. A little girl was bleeding and barely breathing and Annabeth was sobbing while trying to control the bleed. Next to her was a body of a teenager boy. The boy wasn't breathing. Annabeth screamed.

Percy woke up with a jolt. Someone was screaming. He was standing with Riptide in his hand and ready to fight but couldn't see anyone, but the screaming continued. He realized the screaming was coming from Annabeth's room. He ran and kicked the door open only to find Annabeth in her bed, tossing and screaming in her sleep. Percy didn't know what to do. He tried to wake Annabeth, he shook her shoulders and called her by her name but she just kept screaming. Percy saw tears on her cheeks and he felt a sudden need to protect her. She had saved his life and now she was vulnerable.

So Percy did the only thing he knew could help. He crawled next to Annabeth and pulled her against his chest and hugged her tightly, so she couldn't move. A little by little Annabeth relaxed and her screams turned into sobs. She shivered a little bit and Percy stroked her hair. She pulled Percy closer and grabbed his shirt. He just lay on the bed and waited for Annabeth to calm down.

When she stopped sobbing Percy noticed her eyes opened. She was confused for a second but didn't try to punch Percy, which Percy took as a compliment. Still, Percy let go of her and moved a bit farther from her. She smiled faintly.

"I woke you up, didn't I?"

Percy nodded silently.

"I was having a bad dream", Annabeth sighed.

Percy nodded again and then realized he was still laying really close to Annabeth. "I don't normally come that close to people, but I couldn't wake you up so I didn't know what to do." He tried to explain while blushing and being strangely aware of the fact he was laying in Annabeth's bed.

Annabeth looked into Percy's eyes. "I understand, it's okay. But you were the first one to be able to calm me down when I have a nightmare, so thank you."

Percy smiled at her, relieved that she didn't think he was a freak.

Annabeth started to nod off and Percy tried to get up to leave but Annabeth grabbed his hand before he could leave.

"Please, stay."

She looked scared and desperate. Percy lay back down and turned to his side.

"You okay?" He asked and looked into Annabeth's stormy eyes that were a little red from crying but still beautiful.

She nodded. "I am now."

Hi. Okay. I rarely do these authors note things but I just wanted to say that the next chapter is going to be my favorite and I will probably update it soon and I truly hope you will enjoy it as well! Thank you for reading this <3