The Fire Within

"People who have the courage to listen to their heart are the ones that truly know who they are

"People who have the courage to listen to their heart are the ones that truly know who they are."

Robert Harper, a man in his fifties and the CEO of Harper Inc., advertises a hunt for an assistant when his previous one suddenly quits, under mysterious circumstances. When Sarah Brooks applies for the job, Robert cannot comprehend why she was so keen on being his assistant when she had the capabilities of owning a company herself. Nevertheless, he takes an instant liking to her and she gets hired.

What nobody knows is the real reason why Sarah joined the company - for a mission that she'd been obsessed with for years - to uncover the truth of a terrible incident which took place years back.

But, she certainly didn't expect to meet Kevin Harper, the CEO's nephew, who has his eyes set on her since the day she joins the company. The unexpected and the unexplained events that threaten to shatter the company's reputation, following her arrival, forces Kevin to suspect her to be the one behind it.

As more horrifying truths are revealed, Sarah and Kevin are thrown into a whirlwind of conflicting truths and twisted motives.

On the terrible path of finding answers, Kevin discovers something so appalling and nerve-wracking, that threatens to tear apart the lives of everyone, including himself.

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello everyone! Thank you for showing an interest in this novel!

Before you start reading, I have to tell you that this is my first book and I have no prior experience in writing. But I have put a lot of effort and spent hours on this book, so I hope you guys like it. There may be some mistakes in the book, because, we are humans after all and we go wrong occasionally. The book will be edited after it is completed.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment, and I will definitely consider it.

Initially, the plot may appear confusing to some people, but that's the whole point of it, to keep you hooked until the end. But trust me, it will get better with each chapter, as I have the whole book planned out. Just give it a try.

Another thing I'd like to tell you is that while this book may sound cliche to some of you, I can assure you, that it is definitely NOT one of those CEO-assistant cliche romance stories. Not even close to it. It's completely different and unique, and certainly not copied from any source. This story is entirely based on my imagination, and I don't think I could've dreamt it any better.

Please bear these in mind before you continue to read.

I hope you enjoy reading my book as much as I loved writing it.