Chapter 13

~~~ Chez's POV ~~~

We all heard the howl and my wolf immediately bristled in response.

"That's Dean," Bruce said, gruff as always, "sounds like he's captured the rogue."

I looked to Black, knowing he'd been hell bent on catching the little shit for two days now - let's just say that rogue was going to wish he'd never been born once my alpha got his hands on him.

Black had a no mercy policy for trespassers, I wondered -

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" the most horrifying, blood curdling scream cut me off and my blood ran cold.

My wolf actually responded quicker than my human mind and I felt him kick in to defence mode with one objective overpowering my body ...

Protect the Luna .... Protect the Luna ...

I'd never felt more unstoppable!

But then my mind caught up and my head snapped to Ali who was on her hands and knees, whimpering and screaming in what sounded like a mix of pain and fear as her now white eyes streamed tears of blood.

It was without a doubt one of the most horrifying things I had ever seen in my life and my wolf had never been so alert or protective as he was now!

Black of course had reacted immediately and I took a quarter of a second to consider what the hell he and his wolf must be going through if mine was acting this way and I felt so protective and angry.

Me and the other three guys all moved within seconds out of instinct toward our Luna, but the sight of our alpha on his knees in front of Ali with the most helpless and fearful expression all made us stop. It didn't seem natural to see our alpha so vulnerable when usually he was so aloof and merciless.

"Ali!?" he cried out desperately, trying to wipe the blood from her cheeks as she whimpered and sobbed, her tiny frame shaking. "Ali?!" he tried again but it was like she couldn't hear him ... in fact I'd have bet anything in that moment that she was most definitely not aware of anything around her - wherever she was she wasn't here with us.

I told Black as much as I knelt beside him but he just growled at me, forcing me to retreat a little as he scooped her up in his arms and carried her to the closest sofa, "GET THE GOD DAMN DOCTOR, NOW!!!!!!!!!" He yelled out and it was so full of command that the rest of us couldn't help but drop to the floor in complete submission as we all linked the doctor desperately.

"Ali! Please!" I heard black call again, more desperate than before and we all looked up, still on our knees, to see Black on the sofa - cradling his mate's tiny, shaking frame as close to him as he could, trying to clear the streams of blood from her face with shaking hands. "Ali ..." and this time he was quieter and his voice sounded utterly broken.

My wolf was whimpering like crazy, needing to do something to ease our Luna's pain, but there was nothing we knew of that would help.

It was just about getting too much to deal with when Dr. Luther came barrelling through the door, heading straight to Ali and Black.

The command was wearing off and as the power faded me and the others stood and looked on helplessly, hoping like hell that he could do something for her!

Black growled when he apparently got too close and hugged Ali tighter.

"Alpha," Luther said, holding his hands up and lowering onto his knees besides the sofa, "I'm only here to help," Black stopped growling but still wouldn't surrender Ali, there were no doctors or help in his mind right now, his wolf had gone into bat shit crazy protective mode over his mate. "Please let me help her." and we all looked to Ali who was still shaking and sobbing blood, her white eyes sending shivers up my spine.