CHAPTER VII: ONE SIDED BATTLE AND THE TRUTH

"Cannon ball!" Drella yelled as she jumped over the pool. It was rest day. We decided to hit the school's swimming pool. It was kind of awkward for Marysse and I because we had to wear bikinis since the school's pool has a very strict policy about proper attire while using the pool. "Relax," Drella said. "There won't be any boys peeking at our flawless skins."

"It's too easy for you to say," Marysse said, covering her chest. Drella is wearing a vulgar bikini. I know she's kind of hoping Saint is looking at her right now, but as a prince and a warrior, Saint won't even dare take a peek on a woman's body – even if it's Drella's.

Marysse jumped on the pool. She swam towards Drella. The water began to boil and smoke appeared everywhere. "Now this is relaxing," Drella sighed.

"Come on, Mariah!" Marysse called. "The water's not too hot. I got it under control." Why am I even going to suspect if Marysse was telling the truth? It's her speciality, after all. I took my robe off and went to the pool.

We were having a good time. We talked about our likes and dislikes and hobbies. Marysse is too cute when she denied about the rumors of her feelings for Kier. "You don't have to hide it," Drella said. "It's really too obvious."

"I don't have any feelings for Kier!" Marysse yelled. And with that, the sky suddenly darkened. I looked up. "What's going on?" I asked. The water began to get cold. "Out of the water, now!" Marysse said. We immediately got out of the water. It suddenly froze. "Damn, you could have been pretty popsicles if you hadn't got out of the water," I heard a very familiar voice. It was Prissy! Her name is Priscilla Ann Flakes, an ice creature that turned dark. We were best friends before, but because of Kier's family, she turned dark and was sent to Black Heart Academy. "Long time, no see, eh Riah," she said as she smiled at me. I looked at her in fear.

"What a touching reunion," Juriss said. "Too bad I'm not here for that. I'm here for Marysse. I believe we still unfinished business."

"You know you're not allowed here," Marysse said.

"Well, we accidentally killed your warriors with Rei's help," she said then another demon appeared. "Rei got them poisoned through the air they breathe. Kind of deadly, isn't it?"

"You, monster!" Marysse exclaimed and attempted to choke Juriss.

"The only monster here, Marysse is you," Juriss said. "To be born of both fire and dark dragon seemed kind of monstrous to hear."

I looked at Marysse. She's as surprised as I am. "I hate to break it to you, princess, but there's also dark dragon blood running through your veins," Juriss added.

We changed into our battle armor. "You're a nymph, aren't you?" the demon asked. She studied my armor. "Shouldn't you be having fairy wings to fit your armor?"

I summoned thick vines underneath the demon and throw her to the pool fence. "Sorry, I ain't a fairy," I said.

"Be careful with her, Rei," I heard Prissy warned the demon. "She might be an earth nymph, but you don't know how powerful she gets."

"Relax, Priss," the demon said, smiling. "All creatures are the same and mean no match for my poison ability." But that didn't worry me. I'm more worried about Marysse. The news took her by surprise and there's no way she could focus on this.

"Marysse, dodge!" Drella yelled. But it was too late. Marysse got hit. She's now weak and helpless. Juriss used the blood related thing to weaken Marysse. It's almost like at the school fest and Marysse might not get stronger again. This now a one-sided battle, Juriss' battle.