CHAPTER VIII - THE LAKE OF BLOOD

Where – where am I?

It's blurry. I couldn't see a thing. I also feel like floating but wasn't flying. Where the hell could I be? It isn't look like I've arrived in Dragona already. I tried to touch something. A vine! I reached for the vine and pulled myself up. When I finally got to the surface, I looked around. The underneath doesn't look like it. I have arrived but it's really different from underneath. The lake's water is bloody red, but when I was down there, it's as clear as crystal!

"When are we going to get married?" I heard a woman's voice nearby. I gasped as I turned to the direction of the voice. It was Juriss! Get married? What's this? I thought.

"As soon as possible, Dra," the man beside her said. Dra? Who's that? The woman seemed look like Juriss, but who is she? Then in a blink of an eye the situation changed. I heard a woman's voice. She was screaming for help. I tried to fly to where the voice is to help the woman but the vine that I was holding a while seemed attached to me and it won't let me go.

The woman's voice seemed nearby and I feel demon's presence too! I tried to find where the voice was coming from, but it was night time and it was really dark. Then I saw something glowing from the forest. It suddenly explode that the birds were pulverized. The aura I felt became strong.

"I swear that your body and your wife will be floating in this lake, Draimon!" I heard her voice once again. "Rise, as we create new species of dragons! This will be the rise of the Dark Dragons!" I gasped. The vine attached to my arm dragged me back to the lake.

I then see dead couples in the lake. We are very sorry for your loss, young prince. King Draimon and Queen Drassy were kind rulers of our kingdom, I heard. Then images of three young dragons appeared. The boy seemed really familiar. He almost looked like Nathan when he was young. The other two were girls and were not very familiar to me.

Another image appeared. It was an image of a little girl near the lake. I gasped. It was me, but doesn't seem look like me. Her hair is different. Hers is curly and wavy while mine is short and straight. The boy who looked like Nathan then came. "Draiga, you know it's dangerous out here," I heard him say. Draiga? This little girl was Draiga? I thought.

She smiled at her brother. "I don't think so," little Draiga told her brother. "The lake was calling me so I came to ask it what's wrong."

"Then, what did they said?" the boy asked.

She smiled once again. "Oh, silly brother. It only wet my foot," was her reply. If I'm not mistaken, the boy is Queen Draiga's older brother, Draigon. He really looked like Nathan like what Lady Crystal told us.

The vine then dragged me back to the surface. They're there! Draiga was now swimming on the lake. Dragons were not allowed to bathe on the sacred lake because it is where our ancestors' body buried. It is also called as the Grave Lake of Dragona. I remembered Teacher Sean told us that he saw a speck of lake under the lake. No one has ever swum the lake for they say, the water is poisonous. Now I wondered, what am I doing here? And how did Queen Draiga able to just swim on the lake?