Best Friends 7

Taehyung
When I awake the next morning, I instantly feel guilty about what I said to Kookie the night before. I let my anger and my jealousy get the best of me, and I know I hurt his feelings.
It felt weird to wake up without hearing Jungkook's deep breathing beside me; to turn over and see a nicely made bed instead of Jungkook in his boxers, most of time with his blanket discarded at the end of the bed or hanging off sideways, with his head perched on the edge of the mattress, arm always dangling off the edge.
It felt even weirder, not being able to crawl into his bed and kiss him good morning like I often did.
Since Jimin was currently in our bathroom, I decide to go and see Jungkook, hoping to make amends. I open our bedroom door- my stomach growling at the smell of breakfast- as walk across the way to my old bedroom, knocking once and then again as I get no response.
I push away any thoughts of him and Yugyeom doing god knows what behind the closed door. I came to apologize, not start more drama.
"Kookie?" I say as I tentatively open the door.
To my surprise, both beds are made, and there's no sign of either Jungkook or Yugyeom.
"Hyung," I call as I quickly walk to the kitchen. "Jungkook and Yugyeom aren't here."
"I know that," Seokjin replies easily. "They left early so Yugyeom could get familiar with the school and get his books and things."
"Oh." I say, relief and jealousy both flooding through my veins.
"Go get ready; breakfast is almost done and you know you need to leave in an hour." Seokjin says, shooing me off to my room.

Jungkook
"Ready to die yet?" I ask teasingly as Yugyeom and I leave our last class to head home for lunch.
"Yes," Yugyeom replies with a groan. "The days not even over yet and we already have so much homework. And these books are killing me."
"Here, let me take some of them." I say, grabbing three from his stack of six.
"Thanks; we should drop these off and then head down to one of the cafes by the school." He says as we continue on down the sidewalk.
"Oh. Ok." I reply.
"Do you not like cafes?" Yugyeom asks, looking at me.
"No I do. I just normally go home and eat something there with the hyungs." I say easily.
"We can do that if you want to; I was just making a suggestion-"
"No that's ok. A cafe will be a nice change." I say. Besides, I don't really want to see Tae if he's just going to keep acting the way he did yesterday.
"Can I ask you a personal question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Yugyeom asks after a moment.
"What is it?" I ask curiously.
"Why are you here?" He asks.
"...my parents died in a car accident." I say quietly after a moment.
Yugyeom nods. "My parents disowned me after I told them I wanted to become an idol."
"We all came from bad situations. That's why we're all here." I say after a moment of silence.
"Even hyung?" Yugyeom asks curiously.
"Except Seokjin hyung. He just wants to make a difference in less fortunate people's lives. Tae and Jimin hyung have been with Seokjin hyung for three years, the longest out of all of us; then it's Hoseok hyung, Yoongi hyung, Namjoon hyung and then myself." I say.
"Jungkook hyung," We both turn to see a girl from our class, running to catch up to us. "Please accept my gift."
"Oh- thank you." I say in surprise, turning red as Yugyeom smirks at me.
She hands me a teal doshirak lunch box, and bows before quickly walking away.
"When were you going to tell me you were popular with the girls at our school?" Yugyeom says teasingly.
"I'm not- that normally doesn't happen," I say as we continue on to the house. "Besides, I already have a boy-"
"A boyfriend?" Yugyeom asks easily as I go quiet. "That's ok. I don't mind. If I can guess who it is, can I have your lunch box?"
"How did you know?"  I ask.
"Well, he made it pretty obvious last night; his jealousy was pretty funny to watch. And you always refer to him as Tae instead of Taehyung hyung or just hyung." Yugyeom says.
"No one else knows." I say.
"Its ok. Your secrets safe with me." Yugyeom assures me.
"Thanks." I say, pulling out my key as we finally reach the front door.
We set his books on our desk and hang his uniforms in the closet.
"Hold on. I want to see what Seokjin hyung left for lunch." I say as I walk into the kitchen.
"Does hyung always make something fresh?" Yugyeom asks as i open the oven, lifting the cover off of the dish.
"He has ever since I've been here. Jimin hyung said they used to just eat leftovers before; ooh, it's japchae." I say, eyeing the food hungrily.
"Do you want to eat before we go?" Yugyeom asks, watching me with a slight smirk on his face.
"Ooh, can we?" I ask hopefully, looking up at him.
"Go ahead," Yugyeom replies with a smile as he takes my forgotten doshirak box from the counter. "I'm going to eat this while you heat that up."