Chapter 12

Hey readers!!! I hope that you're enjoying this fan fiction!!! I request that all of you post appropriate and non-criticizing comments please. I do accept constructive criticism though. I just don't want any of you to get in trouble. Please support this book the entire way. And, just in case if you were wondering, I already have the story plot set out. And yes, it will be VERY long... longer than 20 chapters. Maybe a book 2,3,4, and 5 must be made. I'm not sure though. Anyhow, enough about my life story. On with the newest chapter!

EDIT: I WILL NOT MAKE A BOOK 2, 3, 4, or 5. MESSAGE OVER.

Important note to readers: A new chapter will be posted every Saturday from now on. If a disturbance cancels a chapter one day, I will notify you ahead of time.

--------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

The air seemed to freeze. No one moved or uttered a word.

Erwin stared at my mom as if he can't really believe that she was real, that she was really there, standing before him.

"E-Erwin...?" my mom whispered, her eyes widening in horror. Then slowly, she turned 180 degrees and walked away, her body stiff.

"Wait! Caitlyn! Please wait!" Erwin yelled and ran after her. Hearing him come near her, my mother started to run while screaming over her shoulder,"Don't come after me! And don't you dare touch me, too!"

"Say what?!" Erwin yelled. "What in the world are you talking about?! Wait Caitlyn! Stop running!"

My mom didn't listen to his pleas. She kept running and turned a corner with Erwin close behind.

As soon as they disappeared from sight, Levi sighed. I jumped and felt a sweat drop running down my head.

"Uh, what was that?" I asked nervously. Levi pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed loudly, just to emphasize that he was tired and annoyed. I recoiled back and awaited for his orders. Like usual, Hanji was clueless and ran to hug him. Man, I feel bad for my dad. He just got out of my moms grasp and now he's stuck with the weirdest woman alive(Not sure if you guys agree though...).

"WOW!" Hanji squealed. "SO KAREN REALLY IS YOUR DAUGHTER, HUH?! COME ON, SHORTY PANTS! DON'T STAY SILENT!"

"Lurt go ov mie!" Levi's yells were again muffled. I dead panned while Hanji strangled Levi.

"Yay!" Hanji said happily. "I have my very own close-enough-to-shorty-Levi assistant now! I don't have to kidnap a soldier to help me out! Isn't that great?!" I felt multiple sweat drops form on my body.

"Uh, that's really great, Hanji," I said weakly and started to back away slowly, step by step. "But, uh, like I said before, I don't like, um. experiments so I'll just be, uh, how should I put it... Ah! Useless to you! So, um, if you'll excuse me..." Even I didn't understand what I just said. I half hoped that Hanji will continue strangling Levi until I was out of the room in a area that is safe. In an anti-Hanji place. Though I'm not sure I'll ever find one though...

Hanji's eyes glinted mysteriously and her mouth broke into a creepy smile.

"Oh, you don't need to be good at experiments," Hanji said softly and dropped Levi onto the ground. Levi landed with a thud and... well, let's skip the curses.

"All you need to know is things go 'BOOM!!!' and people scream bloody murder when-" she was cut off by Levi stamping on her foot.

"OOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Hanji screamed in pain and jumped around holding her feet. Side note: She looks like a human flamingo.

"Enough," Levi said sternly. "We got things to do, you idiots." He glared at me. "And you, Karen. Upstairs to your room. Now." He's eyes terrified me. They had hints of anger, hate, and pain in them.

I gulped and backed away to the door. I slowly turned the door knob. Just when I was about to step out and make a run for it, Levi said coldly,"See me at my office at 8:45 tonight. Be late and you'll have 200 laps around the court."

I nodded vigorously and ran out, shutting the door loudly behind me from fear. There goes my teenage life. All wasted on 200 laps if I don't make it to my dad's office in time.

I stopped running to catch my breath when I knew that no one was around. I paused by a window to look out. Looking at skies help clear my head. Always work.

As I looked out, I spotted two figures in the garden. I squinted and realized it was my mom and Erwin. They seemed to be engaged in a very heated talk. I opened the window a bit and strained my eyes to hear what they were saying.

"Caitlyn, please listen to me," Erwin practically begged. He reached out a hand to her, but my mom shrugged it off.

"Leave me alone," she growled. I felt something prang in my chest. I have never in my life seen my mother like this before. Something has happened that I don't know about. Something to do with Erwin.

"Caitlyn," Erwin began. "Please, hear me out. I didn't mean to do what I did back then. I was young and full of stupidity. I didn't mean to break your heart. Please trust me." What? Break her heart? What does he mean?

"I love you, Caitlyn," he continued. "I swear. So please, please give me another chance."

My mother clenched her fists. "Why shall I give you another chance?!" she screamed. "You left me broken hearted, full of pain and sorrow. Levi was the one that helped me and showed me the truth about love. Not you. Not ever you. I'm sorry, but I love Levi. I... I wanted to forgive and forget... yet you... Never mind. Please, just leave me alone. I need time to process things. It happened so quickly that I..." A stray tear escaped her eyes. I gasped softly. My mother never cries. She was a strong woman who always smiled and joked around even in the worst times possible. So, why is she crying now? What has Erwin done to her int he past?

"Alright," Erwin whispered softly, but enough for me to hear. He turned and walked away, leaving my mother alone. As soon as Erwin was gone, but mother fell down o her knees and sobbed uncontrollably. He shoulders shook violently as she buried her face in her hands.

I gulped and shut the window. I walked away, knowing that something was wrong. Erwin has done something that has scarred my mother for life.