Extra Chapter 5

Extra Chapter 5

Christmas sucks. Not the presents part, but the fact that my birthday is December 25th.

Do you know what that means? I'm stuck getting presents with my birthday and Christmas combined.

But I guess I should be thankful because my dad has the same problem. By some amazing miracle, he and I have the same birthday.

December 25th.

We have this father-and-daughter thing where he gets my presents for my birthday and I get his. Then, at night, we pretend that we got nothing and my mom hands out our Christmas presents.

It was a genius plan until my mom found out and felt guilty for not getting us birthday presents too. So, we had to explain to her that it wasn't her fault, but she didn't listen to us.

She went out the next day and didn't return until 7pm that night. She came home with a car load of things ranging from canned food to TVs.

She gave them all to us an told us Happy Birthday Squared! Now, Levi and I need to find out what to do with 20 containers of strawberry icecream, 15 boxes of yogurt, 3 TVs, and 50 movies and video games.

This year, we decided to just go along with the flow so we won't have to experience last year's episode.

We finished dinner and went into the living room and sat down next to the Christmas tree. Like each year, my mom dug through the presents and picked out all of mine. She handed them one by one to me, telling me who them to me.

And like always, I opened the Smith family'a presents first. Mrs. Smith and Mr. Smith brought me a new set of clothes from Black and White, my favorite store. I smiled and set the clothes by my side.

Next, I opened my boyfriend's present. It turned out to be a picture frame with me and him in the middle.

It was so sweet of him, I hugged the picture frame to my chest and smiled like an idiot. Levi had to clear his throat so that I can move on.

I set the presents to my side and picked up a box wrapped neatly in red wrapping paper and green ribbons.

I grinned because I knew exactly who gave it to me. Demy.

I quickly tore off the wrapping paper, revealing a book. But not just any book. It was a scrapbook.

I opened it to the first page and red the words written on it:

Merry Christmas Karen! May all your dreams and wishes come true. ^_^

-Demy

I smiled, flipping the page again. The next page was a picture of me and Demy on the first day of school. We were both smiling at the camera as people walked to and fro behind us.

I flipped through the scrapbook, checking out all the pictures.

Everything in it were memories after memories. Memories through the year of me and Demy and Noah.

Just us three. Like that time in the past.

After I finished with my presents, Levi handed my mom a small red velvet box.

My mom opened it delicately to reveal a necklace with a heart in silver.

"Merry Christmas," Levi told her, blushing a little.

My mom laughed and hugged my dad. I laughed along with them. My mom pulled me into the hug and as the Ackerman family, we all laughed, smiled, and laughed some more.

Merry Christmas to you and happy, happy Birthday.

---------------------------------------------

>.< ;_;

An then the feels came...