Chapter 45

From LKT,

LKT is happy to announce that A Forbidden Family has reached its Half-Mark. Thank you for supporting us all this way.

The note below is written by Lauren Kutterfly:

Hey readers!!! I'm STILL mystified how some of you find this book even interesting still after I literally just murdered Demy in the most saddest way ever... Well, I guess some of you just want to find out what happens next right? Well, the action part hasn't ended yet. More to come.

But good news! THIS CHAPTER MARKS THE BEGINNING OF THE ROMANCE PARTS!

Yay!!! DO I GET COOKIES AND CLAPS? *silence* *cricket cricket* *someone slaps me and threatens me to continue or else they'll hunt me done and feed me to live sharks*

*quickly crawls over to computer* I'M GOING! I'M GOING! LOOK! I'M WRITIG FOR GODS SAKE!

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 45

I was released from the hospital a week later after the doctors and nurses decided that I was healthy enough to 'walk around on my own'.

The first place that I went to was Noah's room. I had to check on him to see whether or not he was still breathing.

I walked down the hallway, limping a little, but managed to reach Noah's room without fainting or falling over along the way.

I took a deep breath and pushed open the door.

I walked in the closed the door softly behind me.

Noah was siting on his bed with a bandage wrapped on his head. He was looking out the window at something that I couldn't see.

I slowly walked over to him. When I got within earshot, he flinched and turned to face me, his eyes slightly widening when he saw me.

"K-Karen...?" he croaked. His voice sounded like it just got dumped in a desert and murdered there.

"Yeah, it's me," I said softly and sat at the edge of his bed.

"Y-You're... alive...?" Noah asked. I nodded.

"An it's all thanks to you," I told him.

Noah looked down into his lap.

"Did we... win...?" he asked quietly.

"We did for the time being," I said. "Because you destroyed the Titans within the area, the Survey Corps were able to fix the wall and prevent any more Titans from coming in."

"I see..." Noah whispered.

Silence lapsed into the room. Both of us were at lost for words.

So many people had died, including Demy.

But none of them died in vain. We won in the end because of Noah, the hero of the day...

Hero.

Something clicked in my mind.

"Noah!" I exclaimed. "I understand the Prophecy now!"

Noah looked up and have me a questioning stare.

"What does it mean?" he asked.

"Remember that line that read 'Hero's last stand and Dawn's last wish?" I said excitedly. It all makes sense. Finally.

"Yes...?" Noah said slowly.

"Well, the hero part must mean you!" I pointed at him. "You're the hero! The one to protect the Barrier as save everyone!"

Noah stared at me, his mind wrapping around what I just said.

"You might be right... but the hero can also be you," Noah concluded.

I shook my head.

"It can't be me," I said. "I'm weaker than you. I can't be the hero."

Noah took my hand weakly in his bandages hand.

"You're not weak, Karen." he said softly. "We can both be heroes. How's that?"

I looked down at our hands entwined together. A vision flashed before my eyes as I saw myself holding Demy's hands.

I quickly shook away that thought. If I keep thinking that way, I'll just end up hurting myself. Demy wants me to move on and live on. I need to keep our promise. I can't be the one to break it or else Demy's death would be meaningless.

I blushed, a light pink dusting my cheeks.

"Thanks," I whispered. Noah smiled and pulled me into a hug.

I was blushing too much to react so I just melted into his arms.

"I'm just really glad that you're alive," Noah said into my hair. "Really, really glad."

A tear formed at my eye and I clung to his shirt.

"Me too," I said back. "I'm glad that you're here with me right now as well."

We stayed like that for the rest of the afternoon, in each other's arms, thanking the gods that we were alive.

You are never alone.

Always remember that someone out there is still fighting for you.

As long as you remember that, you can fight on and live on.