Extra 2

From Lauren Kutterfly:

Hey readers!!! Wow! 8K reads already?! And I thought my book sucks! Anyhow, this is one of those Extra chapters that I do once in a blue moon. This chapter's theme is Halloween in the Real World. Enjoy!

Vote

Comment

Fan

---------------------------------------------

"No, no, no, and no!" Levi yelled. "I am NOT going to tolerate this! We are not giving out candies this year!"

"Aw! But the kids LOVED you last year!" Caitlyn pouted. Levi glared at her.

"Do you know how annoying those brats are? One even hugged me!" he cursed at the memory.

I sat at the kitchen table trying my best not to get a seizure from laughing.

I still remember how last year my dad handed this kid a huge bag of candy corns. The boy stared at it for a moment before he flung himself onto my dad. Levi passed out right there on that very spot.

"Then who's going to be giving out candies this year?" my mom whined. "I still need to go over to Katrina's to help her with her honeymoon dress!"

"Make Karen do it," Levi answered without a second thought and pointed at me. "She has nothing to do right?"

I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"Actually, I do," I growled. "Noah is about to come pick me up. Me and him are heading over to the club. They have a Halloween Party over there."

Levi was sending off shock waves by now.

"Fine," he growled, obviously not happy with the decision. "But don't blame me when a kid goes home with countless cuts all over his body."

"Yay!" my mom said happily. "Thank you so much, Levi!"

"And I'm only doing this because I have a... plan," Levi mumbled.

Before I could figure out what he meant by 'plan', the bell ringed.

"Oh! Noah's here!" I announced and jumped up from my seat. "See you Mom, Dad!"

I ran out the kitchen and opened the front door. Noah stood at our doorstep in a tuxedo looking as handsome as ever.

I grinned at him. "Ready?" I asked, a slight smirk on my face. He smiled.

"Yup! Let's go!" he said and pulled me into his car. We drove off to the club.

---------------------------------------------

"Wow! That was fun!" I exclaimed. Noah giggled and opened the car door for me.

I stepped out and gave him a hug. He quickly returned it.

I pulled back and smiled at him.

"Thank you for everything, Noah," I said, a slight pink tinting my cheeks. He blushed as well and said with a stumbling voice,"N-No problem."

"Well, see you on Monday!" I called over my shoulder as I walked up the stairs to my house. "Don't forget that Mrs. Ral will be checking on our projects too!"

"Okay!" he called back. "Have a safe night!" He got back in his car, gave me one last wave, and drove away.

I smiled to myself and was about to open the door when something cold splashed all over me.

I shrieked and stumbled back, my arms flailing in front of me. I fell onto the floor with a thud.

"Ow..." I groaned. "What just happened?"

I looked around for the source when a certain someone stepped out of the bushes. He stared at me wide eyed and whispered,"Karen?"

I stared at the figure. I should of known when he said 'plan'. All of my dad's 'plans' end with someone getting their day ruined.

"What are you doing, Dad?!" I yelled. "It's freakin' midnight on Halloween and you're splashing people with ice cold water?!"

"Yeah, I am," he answered bluntly. "What took you guys so long to get home?"

I stood up and crossed my arms.

"We were at the club. Remember?" I said airily. Levi rolled his eyes and set down his bucket.

"Whatever. Let's get back inside," he said and walked to the door.

I sighed and followed him.

If Halloween will be like this from now on, I'll remember to never go back to my house until the night passes by.

---------------------------------------------

May this be a lesson learned, readers.

New chapters each Saturday. Two this week. Maybe three next week. I'm trying to finish as much as I can during summer so bare with me. I promise each chapter will be good from now on... better than they were in the beginning.