第二章 [𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨]

━━ 苹果 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ W ]

"Winwin, why do you look so nice today?" Uncle asked as he placed the baskets of apples in the van.
"We don't leave for the market in like an hour." I shrugged my shoulders as I glance down. It wasn't anything special, just a white sweater, some denim jeans, a red scarf and a long black coat.

"Uncle, I wear this all the time?" I said confused. This was my go-to fall outfit. If I had to choose an outfit, it would have been next year before I leave the house. He just pointed his index finger towards my head.

Ah, that's why.

Instead of my usual messy hair, it was waxed to the back of my head. I unconsciously touched it, was it ugly?

I mean, not that I mind, perhaps ugly plus ugly equals pretty just like the math equation; negative plus negative is positive. Then again, I was never good at math, so maybe that won't actually make sense.

"If you think it's ugly, no it isn't. You look okay." He simply stated, slamming the trunk of the van. One thing about uncle is that he never gives me compliments because he thinks he's the handsome one between us.

But I'm sure he knows that I know he thinks I'm handsome. But, oh well. Whatever. I'll let the man live.

"Thanks," I responded, already eager to leave for the farmers' market. And just like he read my mind, "You're so whipped, aren't you?" He snickered, wriggling his eyebrows. I smacked his shoulders, him shrieking in pain.

Gosh.

I mean I want to look presentable for our customers! Who would buy produce to someone who looked like he hasn't showered in a month?!

Not me, no way.

And perhaps... I wanted to look good for Jina.

"You never told me you had such a handsome nephew!" A middle-aged woman gushed as she pinched my cheeks. Okay, I look too presentable now.

Am I regretting displaying myself at my top potential of attractiveness?

Yes, definitely.

"He's always busy with college," Uncle replied a hint of distaste in his tone. I giggled silently, knowing he was definitely jealous that I was getting compliments and not him.

"I have to tell all my friends about him! They would die to have such a handsome son!" She exclaimed, now tugging at my elf ear.

You know that 'no ragrets' tattoo meme?

Well, I'm the opposite of that. I'm in 'ragrets'

Nonetheless, I quizzed back, "So, you wouldn't die for a handsome son?" She stared at me blankly before laughing loudly.

Was it funny? I didn't find it hilarious so I guess she must have a bad sense of humour.

Did I stutter?

I didn't think so.

"My son is pretty handsome, I'll bring him one day. People say he looks like an anime character brought to life!" She crowed, her hands still moving about.

I couldn't tell if she was being serious or not. I just nodded my head.

"As long as they buy my apples." Uncle just replied, crossing his arms against his chest. Yeap, totally jealous.

"Of course, bring him here often and your sales would go up instantly!"

Am I going to be exploited now?