Brave girl

I am writing this book in my POV.But that doesn't mean they are my own experiences.

Well,here's another lift story.

After my class got over,I was waiting for the lift. The display showed 4th floor with the arrow pointing downwards. I was on the 4th floor. Yet the door wasn't open. I kept pressing the button and nothing happened.

Seeing me pushing the buttons in despair,a guy came forward and leaned towards the door with his ear touching it.

"The lift must have stopped working. There is someone inside. I can hear them."he said.

I tried listening and I could hear voices too. It seemed as if two men were talking and I assumed they needed help.

Actually this happened sometimes in that building. So i guessed this is another blocking like that.

So,I felt like I need to help them.I yelled from the other side of the door,

"Hey, are you locked inside? Don't worry! We'll do something. "

There were a few offices on the same floor. I called for help and people gathered. I went closer to the door and yelled again,

"Keep talking to us. You are all fine,right? Can't you open the door from inside?"

The people inside kept talking to me,but they weren't clear as I was pre occupied in thinking about their saviour,that I just heard voices,not what they said.

Soon, there were about 20-25 people around the lift. I had to explain the situation again and again for the new comers.
I politely asked an older man to keep talking to these people while I searched for a crowbar.

After 5 minutes when I returned without a crowbar,but a steel ruler which I borrowed from a classmate,I walked calmly towards the door and yelled,

"Mister,I have a steel ruler.I'll try to open the door with it."

And before I could even try,the door opened from inside. There were 3 men in purple jumpsuits and they had some tools with them. They said,

"Sister,maintenance work is going on and we forgot to keep a board outside. We've been trying to tell you,but you weren't even listening "

 We've been trying to tell you,but you weren't even listening "

😢😢