Chapter 2

Time jumped three years ago – Dante aged 25

Since the day I met my mate I have been looking everywhere for him I got to the point that I am smelling him everywhere but know deep down it is my mind playing tricks.

The last 2 years my panther Delko has struggled to stay calm and sometimes even have stopped communicating to me for days on end. I have struggled personally especially with eating and sleeping but all I can say thank god for coffee and energy drinks.

Today though was different I woke up and felt energise for the first time in a longtime I even mindlinked my bothers to see if they wanted to go into town for breakfast which they agreed to. So I quickly showered and dressed and met my bothers by my car which was parked in the garage next to my house.

As we were walking to the diner from where we parked I spotted a gorgeous man with the most beautiful pair of silver eyes. I recognised the eyes anywhere which belonged to my mate.

I stood there for a minute taking in the site before I took a deep breath and walked up to the man as confident as I could and introduced myself we chatted for a while. I had mindlinked my brothers to tell them to go in and order. They both left giving me the knowing look. I found out his mate's name was Logan and he had a twin called Luke, who lived with their birth mother and that he didn't know where they were as they were separated when their parents divorced as they found their real mates. He explained he lived with his father up until recently as he turned 21 and decided to live independently. After a while Logan had to leave and explained he would contact me when he could meet up. They quickly exchanged numbers before going their separate ways.

Over the next few months Logan and I met up and went on dates, he met my parents who fell in love with him straight away. I met his father and mate who were really nice and welcoming to me.

I finally met his mother and brother who to be honest I did not like there was something dark about the both of them which I could not put my finger on.

After a year together we finally decided to fully mate as we wanted to wait until Logan had finish is degree in shifter law which he focused on children and young adult law which was fascinating to hear him talk about. He finished earlier than expected as he was more advanced than others in his class.

In that year something happened to my dad he started to get more distant to my brothers and he started to disappear out of the blue. On a couple of times we even heard our mum and dad arguing which was unlike them. It started when Logan's brother and mum joined us for dinner. The tension was unbearable Logan's mum Jacqueline kept saying sly comments which made my dad tense up several times and my mum getting angrier. At that point she got up and excused herself so she could go outside and shift. At that point my dad also excused himself and went up to his room.

Since then neither Jacqueline nor Luke has been invited back and no one has spoken about that night.