Chapter 6

As I woke up I was a little disorientated to begin with to where I was then realised I was in some sort of prison cell. Then everything came back to me what had previously happened. As I calmed down and took a deep breath I realised I was not in the cell on my own. Their sat in the far corner was an older man with a child which must been at least 4 years old plus my kits that were snuggled up to him and asleep. The man whispered "hi I'm Lee and this is my son Beckett." He explained that he had been here since before Beckett was born and told me everything that happened to him and that I had been I been in the cell since the the night before. He told me that they seem to keep the alphas and get rid of the omegas which, was worrying. With my hearing I could defiantly here several other shifters that had been locked up in the other rooms near by.

As the days went passed I realised that these rogues were also working with the hunters and that they had been paid to work with them to ambush my pack. In return the hunters captured some of my pack mates and I believe my family had also be captured.

After a few weeks locked up Lee and I put a plan together so we could escape and travel to a pack I knew off in Arizona who accepted any shifters and also worked with the council.

This next part may seem familiar as it was mentioned in book 3 of the series but now it will be told in Dante's point of view.

Lee and I decided we would leave after the guard's next visit which would be soon. We explained to the little ones to be ready to run when we tell them too.

Once the guard entered the cell I jumped him and snapped his neck. We quickly ran as fast as we could. We managed to get outside without any prolems. There was a car outside which still had keys in the ignition for some reason so Lee and I managed to get everyone in as quickly as we could. Lee didn't know where we were but luckily I knew where we were, which was the other side of Wyoming as I recognised the area. Lee managed to find a map in the glove department the plan was to look out for sign posts then look on map for directions for us to get to Arizona. With no money we only could drive as long as the tank last which was about 400 miles. At that point we knew where we were which was outside a town called Evanston. Lee managed to find some money in the car which was enough to buy a sandwich and a bottle of water from gas station for us to share. We quickly eat the food in the car then started walking following the map as best as we could.

We managed to walk for a couple of hours with stops until it started getting dark. Luckily the weather was not too bad for walking. We found an area with a cave and a stream so we could stay for the night.
After so long without feeling our animals both Lee and I finally started to feel them again as we had not received our nightly dose of injection which they had been giving me since they captured me to control my animal.

Lee managed to shift and got us some fish for dinner from the stream. After eating and getting the children cleaned up as best as we could both Lee and I shifted into our animals so we could keep ourselves and cub/kits warm.

For over a week we kept doing the same routine which was get up have some food which was caught the night before and keep walking until sun goes down then we would set up camp for the night.

We decided to stay in this last area a few days so I could get cash in hand job by helping an elderly man with a leaking roof as I am registered builder. With the money we managed to get a room in a motel, some food and clean clothes from a charity shop. We stayed at the motel for a couple of nights whilst I did some other work. With the money left we got a bus from Page to Flagstaff which saved us a couple of days of walking. Once we got there we only had a few dollars left so we got some food which we eat on a bench then started walking. As we left Flagstaff Lee mentioned he felt like we were being followed but as we looked around we could not see or smell anyone else apart from us. We kept moving for a few hours and then stopped as the kits were hungry and very tired so Lee went to catch some more fish from the stream near to where we stopped. Whilst I was building a fire I could hear Lee's bear growling and running back to us I realise he was telling us to run. Lee managed to grab Beckett who was now in his polar bear and my kits were in their animal form as I had to use my alpha voice on them. I had Luca in between my mouth as he was smallest of the three and then we ran as fast as we could with his brothers running longside us.

We finally stopped after several hours of running deciding to hide in a cave for a rest as the children were so tired and we were all hungry. I decided to go and hunt as I was quicker, i managed to bring back some fish and berries. One good thing about Arizona there is loads of caves and streams. We sat in silence as we eat. Once the kids were fed and asleep, Lee and I took it in turns to stay watch.

We stayed in the cave for a couple of days Lee and I took it in turns to get food and to check perimeter. On the 3rd morning we decided to start walking again and try to get to the nearest town. Once we arrived we found an abandoned cabin so we decided to stay there as it was out of sight from people but also not far from a town which I managed to get some cash in hand work. With that money I managed to get us some more clothes from the local second-hand shop and some food. As the triplets were still young they still needed milk in their diet so I brought some formula suitable for up to year olds which was surprising as they were quite big for their age.